Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Republic Veteran
# 21
07-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirk13 View Post
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the missions and things were going to be up permanently and that added rewards would be added at cretin times through the calendar.
That is exactly what is happening here.
Republic Veteran
# 22
07-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
was just about to finish a tholian quest and it dropped me right after we will be bringing down tribble , was not impressed about wasting 10 mins
Its only the test server you'll have to be doing it again anyways once it goes live.
Lieutenant
# 23
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
That is exactly what is happening here.
So why is everyone complaining. You can still play the damn things and get 5, 10, or 15 Fleet Marks. Everyone needs to power down. It's not the end of the world.
Captain
# 24
07-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirk13 View Post
So why is everyone complaining. You can still play the damn things and get 5, 10, or 15 Fleet Marks. Everyone needs to power down. It's not the end of the world.
You dont get 5, 10 or 15 Fleet Marks unless you play when is the EVENT. And is not the end of the world, for sure.. STO can close tomorrow and the world is going to continue, but is the end of this Mission for anyone that dont have 24% free to play them.

And again, we are mad beacose cryptic lie to use AGAIN.
Career Officer
# 25
07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
PLEASE re-consider the decision to "time-gate" the mission rewards for the Tholian Invasion map. People have lives outside the game you know. We can't always accomodate our own schedules, to fit your artificial time-gated schedule.

They're doing WHAT? Way to make fleet advancement impossible, Cryptic. Please do not be deluded that decisions like that will get me to give you money.
Republic Veteran
# 26
07-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horgahn View Post
They're doing WHAT? Way to make fleet advancement impossible, Cryptic. Please do not be deluded that decisions like that will get me to give you money.
How does it make it impossible? You still have 6 other group Missions you can do for Marks other then that.
Empire Veteran
# 27
07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
As I said in the July 11 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
And I find sad that you all think Cryptic did this intentionally...

That's one way it could have happened. The other is that PWE forced it on them, and they couldn't do a thing about it.

You're all upset about this change. But I'm saying you might want to take a step back, and wait till you find who's really behind the change. Then you can effective target your anger, instead of just railing without thinking.

I don't know which it is myself, but I'm saying wait a little first.
I'm doing this to make sure people get the message.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
what's the difference between a gated tholian event and a gated defera event. while we're on the subject, fed mirror and kdf mirror?

is it gated just for fleet marks like the updated vault? or is the entire instance gated? if it's just for marks, then that's fine. you have to think about how this event fits into the entire game down the road. if it's just like defera, that's fine too.

no reason to burn out on the event in the first week. there's plenty of ways to obtain fleet marks.
Survivor of Remus
# 29
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
where has it said the tholian rewards will be time gated??, the way i read it was that if you do the tholian invasion during this calender event you get bonus rewards!! Not that it would be time gated, it is still available 24/7, just when you do the event you get bonus rewards.

Is this just another example of the STO community jumping to comclusions, blowing things out of proportion, jumping on the bandwagon and whining for the sake of whining??

Last edited by halcyon3; 07-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Ensign
# 30
07-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smazazel View Post
except those are kinda boring slow and just lots of beams running around just a huge pain and waste of time for so very few fleet marks 15 to 20 for like an hour of beams everywhere.
in tholian you could get 15 in 10 mins. plus they cooldown so you have to keep changing them. only one that was ok is colon invasion. and that is just death over and over.
Are you kidding, 15-20 marks an hour? In Starbase Blockade we were pulling down 50-60 marks EACH in 15 minutes. You need practise my friend!