Captain
# 51
07-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
The event is not gated.

Only receiving Fleet Marks as a reward for the invasion is tied to an event.
Come on Zero , really ... .
You guys "took away" the time gate element and sneaked it back through the back door .
Did you guys hope we would not notice (?) or is this part of the "we're always experimenting with new things" approach ?

Not good .
Sigh ... .
Career Officer
# 52
07-12-2012, 02:36 AM
"Only receiving Fleet Marks as a reward for the invasion is tied to an event."

Bad call... hey Cryptic play this Map alone.. not with me.
Republic Veteran
# 53
07-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
This .... is time gated and to me you might as well time gate the entire event.

You realize how useless this event will feel now? ... Do you realize the hardships this will place on fleets?

If you want to control it, do so with cooldowns ... not time-gating the rewards.

For the first time ... I am seriously considering kissing this game goodbye.

Hear me, Cryptic ... Every single time you do something good and right ... you take three steps back and do something so so so backwards (and I'm being polite.)

Most players are people with real lives who play when they have time ... that time does NOT revolve around YOUR clock.
Nailed it. Sorry Cryptic.

One of the main advantages of it being the way it was, was that when I had a free 10 minutes, I could hop on and grind out 10 or so fleet marks.

Me and 3 of my closest friends run a tiny fleet, we were already going to take YEARS doing this. This hasn't helped.
Career Officer
# 54
07-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
This .... is time gated and to me you might as well time gate the entire event.

You realize how useless this event will feel now? ... Do you realize the hardships this will place on fleets?

If you want to control it, do so with cooldowns ... not time-gating the rewards.

For the first time ... I am seriously considering kissing this game goodbye.

Hear me, Cryptic ... Every single time you do something good and right ... you take three steps back and do something so so so backwards (and I'm being polite.)

Most players are people with real lives who play when they have time ... that time does NOT revolve around YOUR clock.
Well stated! It's a shame it will be ignored by Cryptic/PWE.
Community Moderator
# 55
07-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
And I find sad that you all think Cryptic did this intentionally...

That's one way it could have happened. The other is that PWE forced it on them, and they couldn't do a thing about it.

You're all upset about this change. But I'm saying you might want to take a step back, and wait till you find who's really behind the change. Then you can effective target your anger, instead of just railing without thinking.

I don't know which it is myself, but I'm saying wait a little first.
You know what? It doesn't matter who made the decision. It still affects the game called Star Trek Online, and there's still only one path available to protest it... Cryptic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samseaborn View Post
Nailed it. Sorry Cryptic.

One of the main advantages of it being the way it was, was that when I had a free 10 minutes, I could hop on and grind out 10 or so fleet marks.

Me and 3 of my closest friends run a tiny fleet, we were already going to take YEARS doing this. This hasn't helped.
Right here, this is the problem. It was already going to take a lot of grinding for Fleet Marks to get anything done. Some of us have small fleets with a handful of active players.

This is JUST like the Lobi fiasco. Cryptic dribbles out the numerics a drop at a time and expects players to fill a five gallon bucket to get any reward out of it. It's baloney, especially considering the money I'm pumping into the game every month.

And yes, it's just like the Vault fiasco. If you, Cryptic/PW, think that transforming this game from one that was friendly to casual players into one that assumes we'll adjust our schedules for your convenience is a good idea, you're wrong as far as my case is concerned. And probably lots of other cases, from the sound of it.

We don't all have ten hours a day to sit on our butts and play Star Trek Online. I can easily visit the forums from time to time during my work hours, but I can only play at home and that only when my family obligations have been satisfied. I may need to reconsider my monthly budget for points to spend in the store if this proves to be an issue.

If we can't reasonably build a halfway decent base in anything less than a year, and I'm not even talking about maxing one out, then there's no point in trying very hard. And if that's the case, if grinding fleets is the new endgame, why should I keep giving Cryptic any money when I know I'll never see the benefit of it?
Captain
# 56
07-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
That's by design. Fleet Marks are only a reward for the invasion when the Fleet Event is active.
Perfect World/Cryptic still hasn't learned.

I think this company's slogan is, "People like buying stuff without being rewarded". Better yet, "People don't mind grinding for hours to get skimpy rewards". Seriously, if people are buying zen or c-points, why are you folks punishing those who spend money? Since the whole idea of buying zen is to obtain game winning gear, why are you preventing people from winning?

Perfect World/Cryptic has no clue on how to make a logical reward system.

Even though I am a Free to Play player, I have invested over a hundred dollars into c-points.

Why has my investment and time not been efficiently rewarded?

Last edited by linyive; 07-12-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Captain
# 57
07-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Perfect World/Cryptic still hasn't learned.
What makes it worse is that they recently bragging about how they have learned:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=576211
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 58
07-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
What makes it worse is that they recently bragging about how they have learned:
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=576211
Its called a public relations 'spin', so they can get people off their backs.

Its sad.
Captain
# 59
07-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samseaborn View Post

That.

So far, it's the only way showed to earn fleet marks solo, very useful for very small fleets.

And given that the other way to earn them solo, excess CXP, wasn't even introduced on Tribble, makes me very nervous.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!