Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 267
# 31 well...
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
so my c-store defiant that i spent real money on is nolonger going to be competitive?

what am i going to to in pvp for the year it takes to max out a star base or however long it takes to get a fleet upgrade ship, in pvp matches?

to me this breaks pvp, my once competitive ship with nolonger be....

and lock box ships (that i cannot aquire without going against my principles) are getting insta boosted?

this ruins the game for me
I suggest you change your principles quickly then

In reality, buying a C-Store ship is like a lockbox ship. Both require actual money $$$
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,320
# 32
07-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
I suggest you change your principles quickly then

In reality, buying a C-Store ship is like a lockbox ship. Both require actual money $$$

Only in the case of a C-store ship a LOT less money.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,320
# 33
07-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Anyone else a little disappointed that the Anniversary Oddy didn't get jack in this upgrade?


I love that my Jem'Hadar ship is bumped up but that particular Oddy IS a one off. It IS unique in that it's bound to the character and you could only get that version through a now gone mission.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 278
# 34
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
yep big time sink, they also devised a sink for the dilithium u benn savin up they dnt want u to get that ship for free they want u to donate di.ithuim to starbases so u can rank it up and then spend real money on mods to get the ships i guess they r getting tired of people getting stuff for free


they are trying to make it pay to play while keeping the illusion of free to play

join date: Jan. 2012

Last edited by tankalot42o; 07-11-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
# 35
07-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Only in the case of a C-store ship a LOT less money.
Wrong it actually "can" cost no money at all, you can just use a VIRTUAL currency called Energy Credits to buy the ship of the exchange.
In terms of the discussion that will arise that "Well yeah, but someone bought lockboxes, and doff packs and keys, so they used cryptic points thus real money" - Yeah ok if you want to think like that... i have a friend that bought 1 key opened one box and got a D'kora, same for Jem'Hadar... i have another friend that wasted like 10000 c-points and got nothing....

Question is... what is better now? Buy ships from C-Store which are obsolete.... OR just grind some energy credits and get a ship that it's more OP than anything in the C-store or even the new (after 7-8 months) Adv Fleet Ships? (talking of the Jem'Hadar here)
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 278
# 36
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissycuta View Post
Wrong it actually "can" cost no money at all, you can just use a VIRTUAL currency called Energy Credits to buy the ship of the exchange.
In terms of the discussion that will arise that "Well yeah, but someone bought lockboxes, and doff packs and keys, so they used cryptic points thus real money" - Yeah ok if you want to think like that... i have a friend that bought 1 key opened one box and got a D'kora, same for Jem'Hadar... i have another friend that wasted like 10000 c-points and got nothing....

Question is... what is better now? Buy ships from C-Store which are obsolete.... OR just grind some energy credits and get a ship that it's more OP than anything in the C-store or even the new (after 7-8 months) Adv Fleet Ships? (talking of the Jem'Hadar here)
you are correct, thats what makes me mad the fact that i was tricked into buying a 25$ ship
a few months ago thinking it was a good investment only to have my ship renderd obsolete

its seems as though i really bought a 25 dollar cloaking console...............

join date: Jan. 2012
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
# 37
07-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissycuta View Post
Question is... what is better now? Buy ships from C-Store which are obsolete.... OR just grind some energy credits and get a ship that it's more OP than anything in the C-store or even the new (after 7-8 months) Adv Fleet Ships? (talking of the Jem'Hadar here)
It seems a very stupid move on cryptic's part to kill off future c-store ship sales as why pay $20 for a console and ship skin when you can get much better stats overall with fleet ships
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.