Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains!

The team and I wanted to let you all know about some important information about the Foundry and the launch of Season 6.

Currently, while we republish all missions made prior to launch, all access to the Foundry is off. This includes editing and playing. Once the republish process is complete, we will allow access to playing Foundry missions again. When we do, the ability to review missions will be temporarily disabled since we don't want Foundry authors to suffer from any possible decline in rating caused simply by the Season 6 changes.

We hope to have editing, playing and reviewing back up very shortly, and will provide updates in this thread as they become available. Also, we will be delaying this week's Spotlight on the Foundry until next Friday, where we will pick up again with the next spotlighted Federation mission.

Foundry authors: I made a forum post earlier in a week that gave a heads up on some important items -- you can check it out here. If you notice any unexpected issues that are not covered in that post, please let us know by commenting in that thread.

Thanks again and we'll see you in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 2
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Glad we could get an update on the foundry and its maintenance timeline, but how about an update on the game itself and its maintenance timeline? Been down basically for almost 9 hours now.
Lt. Commander
I'm just putting words here, but the question's in the title, when will we be able to edit stuff again?
Career Officer
# 4
07-12-2012, 03:19 PM
A question about dailies - you might want to call out specifically in your timeline WHEN we will be able to complete our "Investigate Officer Reports" again. My KDF is just new so this was one of the few sources of quick dilithium available to me.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Ensign
# 5
07-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koughar View Post
Glad we could get an update on the foundry and its maintenance timeline, but how about an update on the game itself and its maintenance timeline? Been down basically for almost 9 hours now.
This is an excellent question. Seems that PW has really dropped the ball on this one. So when will the game be back online?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6 Dailies and Dilithium Refining
07-12-2012, 04:40 PM
With the dailies and the gathering the dilithium ore for the daily dilithium refining in the dumps today, because of this build. Are we getting some compensation for waiting for this build to be finished? It takes a 30 minutes to get on longer with no problems, but if there are problems in logging on, it could take alittle longer. All in all, this build should be done in the wee hours, than during the daytime.
Career Officer
# 7
07-12-2012, 06:11 PM
And so the fail continues.....
Ensign
# 8
07-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Been a little over 14 hours now, is the foundry ever coming back?
Career Officer
# 9
07-13-2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the update Branflakes! And kudos to you guys for not turning the reviewing back on immediately. I, for one, am quite thankful of that since I'm sure I'll have to make some minor edits to my missions to get them back to the way they used to be.
Lieutenant
# 10 Damned if you do / Don't
07-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ychild View Post
With the dailies and the gathering the dilithium ore for the daily dilithium refining in the dumps today, because of this build. Are we getting some compensation for waiting for this build to be finished? It takes a 30 minutes to get on longer with no problems, but if there are problems in logging on, it could take alittle longer. All in all, this build should be done in the wee hours, than during the daytime.
It's day time for someone at any given time in STO, so doing it at any point on the clock would disrupt it for someone somewhere. Secondly, it had to be day time US as they needed to tie in with other networks / businesses etc.. so had to be done when each of them had staff in office.

I find it funny that some complain that there is not enough content in the game, and then on the flip side of that, there are people that complain when the servers are offline, while new content is put in.... they cant win..
Closed Thread