Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 11
07-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
Isn't that $20 on top of having to own the $25 ship already?
If you are looking to purchase a Fleet Ship that has a T5 C-Store version and you already own the T5 C-Store version, you only need to purchase 1 Fleet Ship Module (FSM) instead of 4. If you've purchased a non-T5 ship from the C-Store that has a Fleet Ship version, you will still need to purchase 4 FSMs.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 12
07-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
Isn't that $20 on top of having to own the $25 ship already?
No, if you have the cash shop ship already it is only $5 more.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you are looking to purchase a Fleet Ship that has a T5 C-Store version and you already own the T5 C-Store version, you only need to purchase 1 Fleet Ship Module (FSM) instead of 4. If you've purchased a non-T5 ship from the C-Store that has a Fleet Ship version, you will still need to purchase 4 FSMs.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
What happened to fleet ships costing far less than C-Store ships as per Al? According to his interview the massive amount of time and effort was supposed to offset the cost? Not to mention all the incidental monitization along the way through possible dilithium sales to build up the fleet base. Now its costing the full price of most T5 ships on top of all that effort, AND its only for that ONE character.

Further, the reason given for no Excelsior, Gurumba, and Galaxy-X fleet versions was they didn't want to practically give away their special abilities, this price point totally invalidates that premise.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426

Last edited by hravik; 07-12-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Ensign
# 14 Fleet ship modules?
07-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Thats some bull****, you guys that strapped for cash? Trying to resell us all the ships we already have with better stats? I would have expected fleets to be able to build those ship modules at a slow pace so the fleet leadership could allocate them to deserving players but, your great idea is to just continue to ream us by making us buy more crap, that's pretty weak you expect us to spend 2k zen on ships with no special consoles? Am I the only one that thinks they are trying to raise the $ price on ships, introducing this to set the expectation that these same ships they had to do almost nothing to reintroduce just VA level with slightly better stats for $20. Can I at least get a reach around?
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
just save your dilithium and convert it into points
besides , with everyone WANTING dilithium right now , maybe the points are cheaper than they used to be
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 16
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
What about people who have the T5 Version as a Veteran reward? Also what about people who own the T4 Refit version of the ship? And now we are paying per toon, not for the account.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 17
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I really feel no need nor desire to grind up my fleet now, ill contribute for some fun, but any real interest just evaporated.
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Starfleet Veteran
# 18
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
What about people who have the T5 Version as a Veteran reward? Also what about people who own the T4 Refit version of the ship? And now we are paying per toon, not for the account.
Only if it was a T5 ship, and only if you paid for the unlock. Veteran rewards do not qualify.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Career Officer
# 19
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ummm... are you sure?

I went to the shipyard and even though I have the T5 Galaxy, the Fleet version cost 20000 Fc and 4 FSM.
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Career Officer
# 20
07-12-2012, 06:31 PM
PWE owns this game now guys. It's about making pure profits, nothing more. This is what you get for a F2P game. Either accept it, or find something else to play. Nothing will change. Expect even more money sinks to come out in the next few months. This is how PWE manages all their games.