Captain
# 21
07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
So wait...

I have a T5 Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit (Intrepid).

How much will I have to pay in addition to the Fleet Credits? 5 or 20 dollars?
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptwilliam2 View Post
Ummm... are you sure?

I went to the shipyard and even though I have the T5 Galaxy, the Fleet version cost 20000 Fc and 4 FSM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
So wait...

I have a T5 Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit (Intrepid).

How much will I have to pay in addition to the Fleet Credits? 5 or 20 dollars?
Was that your Veteran reward or prior VA retrofit token? Those don't qualify, you have to have paid for the ship on the C-Store.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Career Officer
# 23
07-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Was that your Veteran reward or prior VA retrofit token? Those don't qualify, you have to have paid for the ship on the C-Store.
That is just ridiculous.

Further devalument of long term subscribers.

Looks around pining for a certain other space mmo to go F2P.
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Captain
# 24
07-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
I got the Retrofit a looong time ago, long before the game went F2P, and got it via my VA token.

In other words, i'm **** out of luck, and have to pony up 20 dollars PLUS the huge chunk of fleet credits PLUS getting the Fleet Drydock to level 4.
Career Officer
# 25
07-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
I got the Retrofit a looong time ago, long before the game went F2P, and got it via my VA token.

In other words, i'm **** out of luck, and have to pony up 20 dollars PLUS the huge chunk of fleet credits PLUS getting the Fleet Drydock to level 4.
Thats about the size of it.
cpt.william2

Career Officer
# 26
07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
lol

Why am I not suprised?
Captain
# 27
07-12-2012, 05:40 PM
So in summary:

Apparently, in order to buy the "good" Fleet ships, requires you to grind a bunch of Fleet Credits (new currency), grind your Fleet Starbase drydock upto level 4 (several months of work), AND pay 4 additional tokens from the "Zen Store", for 20 dollars.

And this, after Al (Geko) claiming that the new Fleet ships would be "inexpensive" due to the costs of having to get to the unlock of the new ships in the first place. Thanks a whole lot, Cryptic.

First you **** up with the Season 6 launch, you remove the Fleet Marks from the invasion zone, AND you force players to pay a bunch of money PLUS grind a bunch of credits, PLUS grind the Fleet Starbase projects to even get the drydock upgraded. Well done. Massive cluster****.
Career Officer
# 28
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Thats inaccurate...

You forgot that to grind to the Tier Base to be able to spend the currency and money to get the item, you also need to grind for other resources, some of which are also time gated.

The fun of a new season.
cpt.william2

Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
So in summary:

Apparently, in order to buy the "good" Fleet ships, requires you to grind a bunch of Fleet Credits (new currency), grind your Fleet Starbase drydock upto level 4 (several months of work), AND pay 4 additional tokens from the "Zen Store", for 20 dollars.

And this, after Al (Geko) claiming that the new Fleet ships would be "inexpensive" due to the costs of having to get to the unlock of the new ships in the first place. Thanks a whole lot, Cryptic.

First you **** up with the Season 6 launch, you remove the Fleet Marks from the invasion zone, AND you force players to pay a bunch of money PLUS grind a bunch of credits, PLUS grind the Fleet Starbase projects to even get the drydock upgraded. Well done. Massive cluster****.
Don't forget, fleet ships are single character unlocks only, not account wide.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Captain
# 30
07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptwilliam2 View Post
Thats inaccurate...

You forgot that to grind to the Tier Base to be able to spend the currency and money to get the item, you also need to grind for other resources, some of which are also time gated.

The fun of a new season.
Ahh right.

Well, they have effectively sucked the fun and anticipation out of this season for me. Way to go Cryptic (and I even tried to recruit my former fleetmates to come back to this game).