Empire Veteran
# 41
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
And here I actually, kinda, sorta had hope that even though it was painfully obvious that Fleet Starbases were going to be another layer of grinding that the rewards might actually have been worthwhile. What was I thinking?

Hey BranMuffin, when is PWE/Cryptic going to patch those Ferengi console buyers so they sell EC? I mean, why even try to pretend anymore? Just go all out. People would buy EC like crazy to get the Jem'hadar/Cardassian/Ferengi ships off the exchange, then those prices would go up, then people would buy more EC, etc, etc. It's a guaranteed money-maker.

Z
Survivor of Romulus
# 42
07-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
Hey BranMuffin, when is PWE/Cryptic going to patch those Ferengi console buyers so they sell EC? I mean, why even try to pretend anymore? Just go all out. People would buy EC like crazy to get the Jem'hadar/Cardassian/Ferengi ships off the exchange, then those prices would go up, then people would buy more EC, etc, etc. It's a guaranteed money-maker.
I'm honestly surprised they haven't.
Admiral Underwood - General D'Gehn - Admiral Ketiron
Real Join Date: October 2010
Career Officer
# 43
07-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Don't forget that the Fleet Ship Modules are tradable so you may be able to find one on the exchange. And as always, you can sell Dilithium on the Dilithium Exchange for ZEN.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This does nothing to impact the decrease in value, whether it is per Zen or Dilithium. However you pay for it, there is a decrease in value for the consumer.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Republic Veteran
# 44
07-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I want to know why, I receive no discount (25%-50%) for having purchased the Gladius, or Rhode Island. Sure. I can understand not the 75% discount (though honestly if you've bought the 25 dollar ship... you shouldn't have to buy the FSMs) but no discount at all for the other C-store ships? I can see PWE is very appreciative of our past business. (and unaware that such discounts would cause people to go out and buy the ships for the discount alone)

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Captain
# 45
07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Don't forget that the Fleet Ship Modules are tradable so you may be able to find one on the exchange. And as always, you can sell Dilithium on the Dilithium Exchange for ZEN.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Sorry Brandon, you won't catch me spending money on this ****.

Even if the modules are tradable, they are worthless to me since I won't be able to buy them. You have a hard limit of 10 million EC for "Silver" players, and i'm not gonna shell out cash to up that limit. You better believe, those modules will be going for ALOT more than 10 million each.

Thanks a whole heap.
Career Officer
# 46
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
I think I might as well just assume these ships aren't in the game. I tend to doubt I'll use any of the new fleet starbase features at all. They're just too much of an inconvenience. I'd rather, you know, play the game.

But I suppose the Tholians might be interesting. That's something. (I'll have to wait for the server to settle down a bit before trying those missions, though.)
Career Officer
# 47
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You know where you can stick them Bran, right where the sun don't shine

I will not pay more money ontop of the money I already paid out for the cstore version to get an inferior character locked version!

You guys are out of your freaking mind, geez
Captain
# 48
07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
You know where you can stick them Bran, right where the sun don't shine

I will not pay more money ontop of the money I already paid out for the cstore version to get an inferior character locked version!

You guys are out of your freaking mind, geez
Agreed. If the Fleet ships were "account wide" like the C-Store ships, that atleast would be an improvement. As it is, I have no doubt, the C-Store ships will eventually be changed to character-specific as well. PW/Cryptic wants to nab as much cash from us as they possibly can.

Once the milk has run dry, they'll shut it down. Simple as that. In the mean time, they piss off all of their current players, including those who have been around for years. Once you lose a player, it's highly unlikely they would return.
Career Officer
# 49
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Might as well pack your bags now brandy, this game is going straight to hell.

Super speed style....
Career Officer
# 50
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
I think I might as well just assume these ships aren't in the game. I tend to doubt I'll use any of the new fleet starbase features at all. They're just too much of an inconvenience. I'd rather, you know, play the game.

But I suppose the Tholians might be interesting. That's something. (I'll have to wait for the server to settle down a bit before trying those missions, though.)
Me too, the sad thing is my newly formed fleet of long term vets kinda have no idea about this.
I'm guessing we will have a little fun, but most of our interest in the fleet system will evaporate very quickly when they hear that fleet ships are no more than another way to gouge money out of us for very little effort put in by the devs

As for the Tholians, if you have ever done the Borg Deferi event, just imagine the exact same thing but with Tholians instead....