Lt. Commander
# 61
07-12-2012, 06:58 PM
its just robbery, i can only hope at least 30% of the playerbase is now running away, buying a new game for 50dollars instead of paying 20dollars for just a ship in a no-content-environment of empty space ...
Survivor of Remus
# 62
07-12-2012, 06:59 PM
The only way they should be per char is if there is an ingame way to get them. I wouldnt mind trading in 100 EDCs for a fleet ship token... or maybe 10 proto salvages.

And as an idea. Have Lifetime accounts get account wide versions of BOUND versions of these items. We have a gold member for life. We should be able to Get tribbles of borg for all our chars, and fleet ship schematics. It will also give a boost to Lifetime sub buying. More rewards=more buying. And u wont really lose money because to get their moneys worth for the Account wide unlocks they need to buy more char slots. Realsiticly This willmake u gain alot of money, and it will be good for Gold members.
Captain
# 63
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Unlikely given the regular retrofit isn't a C-Store ship.
Given that the price of the Science Vessel Refit is 750 Zen, they should at least give us a 25% discount (though 50% would be nicer, 500 Zen is 25% of the 2000 of Tier 5 ships). less cost, therefore less discount, but we should still get a discount for having already paid real money).

Given that I bought some lower tier c-store ships, and won't receive a discount, I feel betrayed by Cryptic.

I still think the price is wrong. Fleet ships were supposed to be cheaper since they are single character unlocks. Cryptic has failed to hold up their end of the bargain. What Gives? the ships on the C-Store with that price are account wide unlocks, and not letting us use a character based token to discount a character unlock is a betrayal to your long term players.

I think Fleet modules shouldn't be more than 100-200 Zen (thats $1-2 each, so $4-8 for a fleet ship without the discount)

Last edited by raptor63549; 07-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Captain
# 64
07-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
Unlikely given the regular retrofit isn't a C-Store ship.
Given that the price of the Science Vessel Refit is 750 Zen, they should at least give us a 25% discount (though 50% would be nicer, 500 Zen is 25% of the 2000 of Tier 5 ships). less cost, therefore less discount, but we should still get a discount for having already paid real money).

I still think the price is wrong. Fleet ships were supposed to be cheaper since they are single character unlocks. Cryptic has failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

I think Fleet modules shouldn't be more than 100-200 Zen (thats $1-2 each, so $4-8 for a fleet ship without the discount)
Failed to hold up their end of the bargain... AGAIN. To be more precise.
Career Officer
# 65
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
YAY pvp'rs arnt the only ones complaining anymore.
Captain
# 66
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
YAY pvp'rs arnt the only ones complaining anymore.
Let's see here...

PVP'ers complain... PVE'ers complain. Doesn't that accomodate about 99.9% of their entire player base? I guess Cryptic will be happy having a 0.1% player base from now on.

This time next year, STO will be "Star Trek Offline", if it continues it's current trend. Wait and see.
Commander
# 67
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
You would have to be a complete fool to buy the Nebula and Galaxy if already owned they offer nothing or very little on whats already in the zen store. But yes i see where your coming from. We potential grind and give up resources to the fleet SB missions which could take weeks/months, get in the position where we unlock fleet ships and then comes the slap across the face, by the way you need to purchase 2000 zen to unlock them.

I'm happy at the moment with my Armitage, Galaxy-x and Prometheus
Career Officer
# 68
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davideight View Post
its just robbery, i can only hope at least 30% of the playerbase is now running away, buying a new game for 50dollars instead of paying 20dollars for just a ship in a no-content-environment of empty space ...
See my signature. I haven't even so much as patched STO in ~3 months.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
You can grind Dilithium, and then buy Zen (Dilithium exchange). It may take you a couple of months, but you can do it. The fleet stuff is supposed to take you a couple of months or longer; that was the purpose of the design, to be a grind.
Empire Veteran
# 70
07-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chk231 View Post
You can grind Dilithium, and then buy Zen (Dilithium exchange). It may take you a couple of months, but you can do it. The fleet stuff is supposed to take you a couple of months or longer; that was the purpose of the design, to be a grind.
Honestly, f**k grinding. I just want to have fun. Whatever dilithium I get will go towards the starbase from now on. I will not exchange it for Zuul points. I will not give in to a system that rapes a player who has already spent a fair bit of money on this game.

Will we need to buy tokens for forum access in the near future?

All Hail Zuul.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 07-12-2012 at 07:27 PM.