Career Officer
Okay, fleet starbases are in, cool. However i didn't get to check out the starbases on tribble so i'm a little in the dark.

In choosing fleet projects i see one is LIMITED TIME. I'm unsure as to what this means exactly, does it mean it will only show up for a limited time, or does it mean we only have a limitted time to gather the materials after we start it?

If it's the former, does this mean some fleets will never see these upgrades again?
Joined August 2008
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-12-2012, 04:14 PM
that limited time project is until the 26th so it's not a really short window.
Career Officer
# 3
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
that limited time project is until the 26th so it's not a really short window.
That didn't really answer my question...

I didn't ask when it is limitted to, I asked what that limitted actually means.

Will that dissapear after that time if we don't choose it, or will it dissapear even if we do choose it and we've put dilithium into it?
Joined August 2008
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
It means, if you dont complete the project within the time window you wont get the unlock until they decide to turn it back on....
Ensign
# 5
07-13-2012, 05:27 AM
The "limitied time" item right now is cool windows for your starbase. If you don't finish all the requirements for that project in time allotted for it, you won't be able to purchase it until later, where you'll be given the option to requeue up for it at that later time.

So limited time means just that... It's a limited time offer for you to do something. Do it during the time, or lose the option to do it.
Career Officer
# 6
07-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Just think of any thing with limited time as you may want it in your star base. i know for the KDF the windows in Ops make the room a whole lot more livable and likable. have not seen the federation one yet but im guessing that it looks good
Career Officer
# 7
07-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Can someone please upload or link a screenshot of this?

Seems like it's missing for my fleet as far as I can hear via Teamspeak from my officers.
I will check that once I am back at home.
Rihannsu
# 8
07-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappa83 View Post
Can someone please upload or link a screenshot of this?

Seems like it's missing for my fleet as far as I can hear via Teamspeak from my officers.
I will check that once I am back at home.
Release notes mention having to queue up at least one of the regular projects before the "Room with a View" special project will populate in the list to be chosen.

p.s. on topic - I think if you have the special project queued and being worked on by the 26th, you should be able to complete it. It just won't be available to start after the 26th.
Career Officer
# 9
07-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Click here for Screenshot
# 10
07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Once this has been completed, is there an option to open and close the blast doors (ala TOS blast shutters) or is the choice between permanently closed or permanently open?