Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 1 my season 6 eng tac oddy setup
07-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Goal: This ship is designed to do everything. 4k min DPS, tank tac cubes, heal friendlies in no-win, blockade, and fleet action, and succeed.

Power setup: 100 weapons, 45 shield, 25 engines, 30 aux

Fore weapons:

3 antiproton cannon
1 antiproton dual beam bank

rear weapons:

4 AP turret

BOff setup

DOff setup:

2x beam energy weapons officers

1x exocomp

2x tac team conn officer

Consoles:

ENG: 3x neutronium 1x borg

SCI: 1x Chevron Sep 2x Field Gen

TAC: 3x Antiproton damage boost

Strategy: I would keep chevron sep going 99% of the time, docking the saucer only when I desperately need the extra hull and shields. This will give me a substantial DPS and turn boost.

The 3 cannons + both cannon rapid fire will give this ship a boost to single-target sustained DPS, the Dual Beam Banks + Beam overload would give spike single-target DPS.

Any advice or criticism would be appreciated

Last edited by rayezilla; 07-13-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 2
07-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
DOff setup:

2x beam energy weapons officers

1x exocomp

2x ???
2x Tac Team Conn DOFFs (Purple), since you only have Tac Team and no ST or ET to compete with it, this will allow you for maximum coverage of TT (which you can also cast on the Civilian ship in No Win).


Looks like a fun layout, let me know how it works out. @USS_Ultimatum
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 3
07-13-2012, 07:43 AM
2 tac team doffs is a good idea, that would let me drop a tac team an put an attack pattern in. If you had to choose between beta and omega, which one would you pick?

BTW, tac team wins blockade too. I actually just wrote a blockade guide on my fleet website, check it out if you get a chance

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments...sion_blockade/

edit: I made the changes

Last edited by rayezilla; 07-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 4
07-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
2 tac team doffs is a good idea, that would let me drop a tac team an put an attack pattern in. If you had to choose between beta and omega, which one would you pick?
Generally speaking, Beta.

The only time I would choose APO instead is STFs because I can't stand being tractored.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 07-13-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 5
07-13-2012, 08:29 AM
that's true, I honestly do very little moving in the new missions (except blockade of course). I've updated my doff listing, thanks for the awesome help. Now to actually go into the game and make the changes

what do you think I should do for gear sets? borg engines and 2set maco was what I was thinking.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 6
07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
that's true, I honestly do very little moving in the new missions (except blockade of course). I've updated my doff listing, thanks for the awesome help. Now to actually go into the game and make the changes

what do you think I should do for gear sets? borg engines and 2set maco was what I was thinking.
I generally run Borg 3 piece + MACO Shield.

The 2 piece MACO bonus, I would only fiddle with if you were running a rech trick build (Purple Techs with Aux to Batts, and/or beam/cannon DOFFs, Photonic Officer, etc).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 7
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
well, the way I see it, is would I rather have a 10% chance of proccing a shield heal, or moar DPS. If I was a shield tank (which is now much more viable), I would consider it, but honestly I don't need more tank at the point, I need more pewpew.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 8
07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
well, the way I see it, is would I rather have a 10% chance of proccing a shield heal, or moar DPS. If I was a shield tank (which is now much more viable), I would consider it, but honestly I don't need more tank at the point, I need more pewpew.

Then I would try MACO Shield + 2 Piece Omega.

If you can live without the heal procs, this is the only option that will really increase your offense.

Even with 0 ranks in Flow Caps you're getting -25 shields per hit, with 6 ranks you're getting -35 (tested at 125 weapon power).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 9
07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
2 piece omega?? Hadn't considered that, now that's intriguing.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 10
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Better off as a cruiser in PvE to hold the 3x Borg + MACO shield, but that is just me.

Even in a TAC, this is not an escort. Most of the ship's abilities are still geared toward ally support. It is important to make that distinction.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.