Captain
# 11
07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
This happened to me 2 nights ago.

As soon as a Red Alert popped up, I was zoning in.

Once I got there, it told me to exit to Sector Space.

I stopped trying after the 3rd one.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
# 12
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
One thing you can try (just as a workaround; and often you'll still see multiple empty instances); is click on the zone name in the mini map - select 'change instance' - and if you see other players in one, transfer to it, and you may get a working instance.

But, yeah, the fact the Red Alert often pops AFTER most of the instances have been completed (or before the instances reset) is a bad and annoying bug that's been here since F2P launch; and it's a bug that really needs to be fixed.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 13
07-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philiptodd View Post
I hit my first empty Borg attack yesterday while I was playing. I figured that it might have had something to do with the fact that they were getting ready for the move to season six through thier updates.
I must admit to not responding to too many Borg alerts after reaching (50) Admiral. This being that after all of the battle, I was receiving cheep rewards that I can't even place on my older tier ships.
This is why you ALWAYS take the dilithium package. The "Level Appropriate item" never is.
Lieutenant
# 14
07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
9 times out of 10 my red alert warnings load me into empty space. Its really annoying yet the devs dont fix it.
Career Officer
# 15
07-13-2012, 01:14 PM
This is still happening exclusively in Sirius Sector Block, right? None of the others?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Commander
# 16
07-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
This is still happening exclusively in Sirius Sector Block, right? None of the others?
Every sector. I've had it happen in Alpha Centauri, Psi Velorum, Omega Leonis, Alpha Trianguli, Regulus... All of them at one point or another.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition