Empire Veteran
# 11
07-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Didn't click it.

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Rihannsu
# 12
07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
And so the fail continues.....
why? they are safeguarding the missions so we dont run into the problems we had before. losing the foundry for a short period of time is better than authors getting one stars everywhere and people wasting their time playing broken missions.

this is a positive move and i applaud it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 13
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
This is what I have most been anticipating of Season 6 - the Foundry Update! Yea!
Banned
# 14
07-13-2012, 09:17 AM
So is Foundry back online?
Career Officer
# 15
07-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiad View Post
So is Foundry back online?
As of now (12:46 PM Eastern Time)?

It isn't, unfortunately.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
why? they are safeguarding the missions so we dont run into the problems we had before. losing the foundry for a short period of time is better than authors getting one stars everywhere and people wasting their time playing broken missions.

this is a positive move and i applaud it.
Yeah, if anything it's the opposite of "The fail continues", because it's a solution to previous instances of alleged "fail". It's frustrating as I held off until after Season 6 before finishing my first mission, but I'm so, so glad I did. With even more bits I'll be able to put even mooaarrr on maps.
Career Officer
# 17
07-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode View Post
Yeah, if anything it's the opposite of "The fail continues", because it's a solution to previous instances of alleged "fail". It's frustrating as I held off until after Season 6 before finishing my first mission, but I'm so, so glad I did. With even more bits I'll be able to put even mooaarrr on maps.
I know what you mean. With my very first mission that I'd ever done (it was a short one, just some way for me to get the hang of things), I was improvising since I couldn't use a specific location that wasn't available in the Foundry.

Now that it finally is, once the Foundry goes back up, I'll change my original first mission and now I get to expand on it!

As far as I'm concerned, for all they're adding into the Foundry [especially those items that should've been there a long time ago] and all they're doing to upgrade it, they can take as long as they want. I'd rather wait a long time and play a perfect Foundry than have them turn it on now and have their be bugs in it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 18 Any Update
07-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains!

The team and I wanted to let you all know about some important information about the Foundry and the launch of Season 6.

Currently, while we republish all missions made prior to launch, all access to the Foundry is off. This includes editing and playing. Once the republish process is complete, we will allow access to playing Foundry missions again. When we do, the ability to review missions will be temporarily disabled since we don't want Foundry authors to suffer from any possible decline in rating caused simply by the Season 6 changes.

We hope to have editing, playing and reviewing back up very shortly, and will provide updates in this thread as they become available. Also, we will be delaying this week's Spotlight on the Foundry until next Friday, where we will pick up again with the next spotlighted Federation mission.

Foundry authors: I made a forum post earlier in a week that gave a heads up on some important items -- you can check it out here. If you notice any unexpected issues that are not covered in that post, please let us know by commenting in that thread.

Thanks again and we'll see you in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Any updates yet?
Captain
# 19
07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
re-publishing didn't take this long during previous seasons. I hope all is well.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
given that it is getting towards 24 hours after the end of maintenance, it would be nice to have an update. Even if it's just: "Hey guys, we're working on it, it's going well." or "Hey guys, hit a snag, but we're working on it."

On a personal note, I would really love to have Foundry back on for the weekend.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Closed Thread