Lt. Commander
# 31
07-12-2012, 12:12 PM
We should be able to adjust our foundry characters any way we want, ie., level, equipment, race, appearance, ...all of it. It's not like we can play the game with these characters, we need this ability so we can properly test.

I suspect that the devs are worried that people will "play" the game with foundry characters as some sort of "hack", rather than playing normally. I guess that concern is valid if there are people out there who don't want to play PWE's regular content, but other than that, the concern is completely misplaced.

We need more control over our foundry characters in order to properly create content.
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
Rihannsu
# 32
07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Or maybe just the ability to use our regular characters to test foundry misisons.... That would be fine with me.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 33
07-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I made my thread for people who have missions to update! I hope it helps when the doors open again!

CLICK ME I'M HERE OH PLLLEEAAAAASSEEEE!!!
Lieutenant
# 34
07-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Well at least this time we're informed before hand
Ensign
# 35
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I am soooo annoyed the Foundry is down.
Career Officer
...I think it would be simpler to just tell the authors when the build will go live so they can unpublish their stories on the live story. Then they can republish them and fix it at that time.

I have around 12 stories on the Foundry and some of the older stories take me a while to set down and remember what I did to make the story work with the editor.

I do not trust these massive republishing attempts.

They last update changed out the way the component options was handled...which required me to sit through all the stories and go line by line to fix the stories. My newer stories have 3 and 4 different endings for dialog threads. Which I do not think Cryptic programmers have taken into account.

No matter what they do, I am going to unpublish my stories and then bring them back up one at a time.

Thank you.