Captain
# 11
07-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
i think what they need to do is implement a pvp way of getting fleet marks to be honest , maybe add them to the pvp rewards for fed vs klingons >_>
as for the actual grinding involved , sure it takes a while for starbases to level up , but you dont have to really grind much to do it really :| whats the actual grind , EC? duty officers which everyone more than likely has coming out their ears or provisions ? theres only really the fleet marks , and if they add those to pvp that'll ease the grindfest somewhat , that or if you have pve orientated people in the same fleet , they could donate the marks neccesary

at least they made it cheaper to get a fleet version of a c store ship if you already own it buying the same ship twice would suck heavily
Ahhh, BUT... the price increases for every character needing the fleet version. So for example, instead of paying 500 Zen to get an account-wide upgrade for my Defiant-R, I need to pay 1000, due to needing not one, but TWO modules. Furthermore, buying any other meaningful ship takes 2000 Zen PER CHARACTER. So if I want to have a fleet Aquarius on both my characters, i need 4000 Zen, aka somewhere about 40$. Now do you see the problem?

And to the guy who said that they're not actually so expensive due to Exchange, how much do you think it'll sell for? 500k? 1m? 5m? 10m??? No, it'll sell for 50m+ EC.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 12
07-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
And to the guy who said that they're not actually so expensive due to Exchange, how much do you think it'll sell for? 500k? 1m? 5m? 10m??? No, it'll sell for 50m+ EC.
Doubtful.

I mean, let's assume that, just for a little while, we start seeing Modules sitting on the Exchange for 50 million EC.

The average lockbox ship sits on the Exchange for around 100M, from what I see.

That means, for 1000 ZEN, you could sell Modules to pay for a Lockbox ship, which were all buffed to Fleet ship standards.

Somehow I just don't see that working for very long, and the prices for Modules will drop significantly, if it even reaches that price.
Rihannsu
# 13
07-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Wow. Just wow. They censored War Craft. WoW.
I wish ToR's forum did this. It might be possible to talk about something other than how the game's a WoW clone.
Captain
# 14
07-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
I dont understand why everyones flying into a rage over the fleet ships costing zen , when by the time the starbase has actually UNLOCKED the ability to purchase those ships , you could easily have grinded enough dilithium to be able to buy it
It's because their lead systems guy said in an interview last week that the Fleet Ships will cost less then the C-Store ships. Because the C-Store ships are an account unlock.

Whereas when Season 6 launched, the Fleet Ships are PER CHARACTER and cost as much as a C-Store ship. THAT is what people are up in arms about. You have 12 characters? Well that's upwards of $240US to equipment them with fleet ships. It's upwards because if you happen to have purchased a C-Store base of a Fleet ship, it will only cost $5. Free/token ships don't count.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 07-13-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Ensign
# 15
07-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Wait, this is the first I've heard that you have to have literally purchased the ship to get the Fleet version -- so my Veteran unlock of the Defiant-R on my Tac is going to cost 2k Zen to upgrade even though I already own the ship? That concerns me, as I misunderstood and thought that as long as it is a ship you already possess you can upgrade for 500.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-14-2012, 12:26 PM
So I guess the dev's idea of "much cheaper" actually means you pay just as much as a C-Store ship. The end-game ships (Defiant, LRSV, Gal-R, etc) are all 2000Zen now, so if you buy one of those you wind up paying 2500Zen for the fleet version. Oh hey, that's the same amount as all of their new ships! Go figure...

Fact is, everyone just got con'd by the devs, who promised lowered prices for special ships. Instead, all we got was a simplistic skin and a few numeric changes. But oh yeah, it was a LOT of work for them, so why don't you go ahead and ignore the fact that you are paying just as much money as before.
Ensign
# 17
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valasveladorn View Post
Wait, this is the first I've heard that you have to have literally purchased the ship to get the Fleet version -- so my Veteran unlock of the Defiant-R on my Tac is going to cost 2k Zen to upgrade even though I already own the ship? That concerns me, as I misunderstood and thought that as long as it is a ship you already possess you can upgrade for 500.
500 Zen or (ATM) 6.750.00 Energy Credits
not 2k Zen
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
07-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Actually, the problem is that the Fleet ships cost 'more' than C-store ships. Not only do you need the modules, but you also need the Fleet credits as well (something C-store ships do not).

Ideally, what they should of done is set the ships to require 2-3 modules, but only 1 if you own the C-store ship (as it is now). Having the ships require all the effort to unlock them, the fleet credits 'and' cost the same as an account unlock ship is madness.

The other huge issue is that they have bloated the top tier ships so much that adding new ships in the future, or even new tiers of ships is going to cause major anger in the community by those that spent money on ships. They've been far too focused on short term objectives and not looked at how this will effect the ship tier system in the longterm.

Formerly Suricata - Join Date July 2008
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
07-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
Because PvE ****fest grinding nonsense is not enjoyable, and we feel we should not be forced to grind for a year to get something that would actually contribute to a tip in the power scale in PvP - the only enjoyable mode to many of us within the game - and we should not be forced to do something we don't enjoy in a game we are meant to enjoy just to do the one mode in the game we actually DO enjoy.

/rant
Then don't do it.
Lieutenant
# 20
07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Ok, so let me get this straight, the ships you buy from what's now the Zen store are account wide unlocks? I've only read on the discription for the oddy pack and it's Klink equivalent a line about being account unlocks, none of the other ships have anything in their description about being unlocked for a whole account.