Lt. Commander
# 11
07-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Doubt it was a Hack. I have seen the KAGE boss die in 1 second flat.

You have to keep in mind there are several factors playing into it. Just because someone isn't shooting at the boss doesn't mean they are not doing something to change the dynamics. A science officer can Debuff a Boss and strip shields off.

You might see no damage at this stage until those shields drop. If the science officer is working with a Tactical Officer then the Tactical Officer will hold off on their big hit until they see those shields drop.
With a Super Buff and a Super Debuff on the Boss the Tactical Officer could reach +400% Damage increase. Combine this with a Critical Hit and the damage their secondary Pulsewave hit throws out could be around 4000. Their Grenade would also be hitting at the same moment with another 2000 Damage. This is no small feat. It takes practice to get the timing down.

Consider the situation where there might have been a Second Science officer also stacking a Super Debuff. That Critical Hit could have reached sub 5K. If the Science officers joined in with a Pulsewave hit at that moment then they would have hit for just sub 2K.

If you want to see the Tactical Officer side then watch this Video: http://youtu.be/olK43AxT174 (Youtube)
Pay attention how the abilities are placed above each other on separate trays. Using the keyboard you can now Press 8 and then the Control key and you would queue both the ability in Tray 1, Slot 8 and the Ability in Tray 2, Slot 8. It is an efficient way to load your powers fast. One sad tip: The mouse is not your friend in Star Trek Online. Using the keyboard exclusively in encounters will improve your speed.

A small portion of us have complained about the nerfing of the Elite missions. We would rather have them bump the borg back up two levels. I can Solo Armek and Rebecca on my Science Officer. I have even Two manned Infected Ground Elite from start to finish.

Consider this fact: "The Learning Curve in Star Trek Online is VERY Steep".
Good Luck!

Last edited by pug02; 07-14-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasketo View Post
"waaaah, someone did something that I cant do, they must be hacking"

>.>

Do we need to call your mommy drasketo? Here, let Daddy Mongo help you there...

If you are just doing to try to insult the OP, well... just so you know, the only person you made look rather silly was just yourself.

Next time try contributing to a conversation, and a touch less slander. Folks may even reply nicely to you, and may even call you friend.

There ya go, all better. Now remember if you call others bad names, folks will stop wondering if of you really are silly, and let your own words convict you that you are. Now run along and play

Sounds more like they were using proper tactics, weapons, skills like fuse armor to hold targets in place. there is a science root power too that you can use and group things together and wipe them away. good sensor scan also debuffs the mob.

Best thing, compliment the team on a good job, and just ask how they are doing that. I have yet to have anyone say no, once you pay them some manners and let them know you are impressed with their play style and would like to learn more.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
I have even Two manned Infected Ground Elite from start to finish.
How can you possibly two man Infected when the forcefields need 3 people on the consoles?
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
And I never saw someone can hit mob with one shot.
You need to learn to Play, like the guy that did the "1-shotting"
It isn't that hard to figure out "how to" take out a mob in one shot.

Shot gun + Buffs + Positioning = 1 Hit Mobs

It's nice to see unskilled players cry "hack" just because they can't figure out AoE + Buffs + a good spot to shoot from, I bet it makes them feel super skilled to have "Hack" cried over their Skills.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake45 View Post
How can you possibly two man Infected when the forcefields need 3 people on the consoles?
Roll. .
Ensign
# 16
07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake45 View Post
It's possible (WITHOUT HACKING). My fleetmate & I successfully completed 2 man Infected & Cure runs. These were the original STFs. Here's a link for the entire Infected run if you want proof. The 2 man console activation segment starts at the 1:03:35 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUpuT...d=21&lr=1&ob=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
...There is some cheater who play using hack or cheat. Yesterday I ran STF KAGE with players who used that kind of stuff. With their hack. Mob doesn't move. Only one shot is needed to kill the mob. They go really faster. Borg shot them but it's like they do nothing.
If you're going to cry "Hack" you better be able to prove it. You didn't. I agree with the others who state you just don't understand game mechanics well. A Tac with the right specs, weapons, & skills can 1 shot NPC groups. I do it all the time.

Last edited by tostrekkie; 07-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostrekkie View Post

If you're going to cry "Hack" you better be able to prove it. You didn't. I agree with the others who state you just don't understand game mechanics well. A Tac with the right specs, weapons, & skills can 1 shot NPC groups. I do it all the time.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.....