Career Officer
# 1 Free roam Camera
07-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Is there any option where you can use your camera and roam freely around your project?
Was thinking in the manner of taking screenshots of your project without having your Foundry-toon infront of the camera.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Nope, would be nice, but nope.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Not at present. I have done some "tricks" to work around this.

1. Crouch to take a screenshot. Frame your subject matter inside the cropping.

2. In the screen here my alien character is so "tiny" he is hidden behind the female Klingon in the foreground. Count them those are my 4 BOFFs.

3. Use a generic character. Like this shot the SF officer in red at the end of the table. I used emote sit chair to do that one.

4. Gimp is my tool of choice, but if you are not good at adding text to your shot I suggest using this site here.

Off topic, I was off for 24 hours and I am surprised we don't have The Foundry back up online. I guess by Monday?
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Career Officer
# 4
07-14-2012, 06:45 AM
actually if start a demo record via /demorecordstart filename to start it and /demorecordstop to stop, do a bit of running around each map to load up the assets then run your recording, press F2 for free form cam controls, let your self run around loading up the stuff as he nears and take the screens with say fraps.

to eaily access your recordings you can use the Star Trek Online Demo Record Player found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=198721
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2012, 07:07 PM
I was just playing the game when Pendra informed me that you can use /freecam 1 to turn on free camera mode and /freecam 0 to turn it off. However this only works in the Foundry...

So I jumped on the Tribble Server and checked it out. Yes it works like a charm. Assuming they didn't goof it up when we get the Foundry back.

W = move foreward and S = Move backwards

Point the camera in the direction you want to go and zoom...

Thanks Pendra where ever you are!
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.

Last edited by sandukutupu; 07-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
07-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Aaah, thanks a lot everybody