Captain
I think the fleet ships would be much more interesting to play with if you could customize the console, device, and boff slot. it would be easy to do, with two trains of thought.

first, for the Boffs, give each power a numeric value based on rank. each rank having .5 value.
ENS =.5; LT 1; LCDR 1.5 and CDR 2. Boff limit of 6.
So if you wanted, you could equip your assault cruiser with a LCDR Tac Eng and Sci, with an Ens slot for each. Or you could fit in 6 Lt slots. It would bring Shield/hull factors into play in a big way

Consoles should be universal, and if you want to, sacrifice a console slot for 2 device slots, or vs versa, if you NEED the 1th console, drop from 4 devices to 2. if you never ever use devices, you can have 12 consoles/ if you need every device known, maybe drop to 9 consoles for 6 device slots.
Commander
# 2
07-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
I think the fleet ships would be much more interesting to play with if you could customize the console, device, and boff slot. it would be easy to do, with two trains of thought.

first, for the Boffs, give each power a numeric value based on rank. each rank having .5 value.
ENS =.5; LT 1; LCDR 1.5 and CDR 2. Boff limit of 6.
So if you wanted, you could equip your assault cruiser with a LCDR Tac Eng and Sci, with an Ens slot for each. Or you could fit in 6 Lt slots. It would bring Shield/hull factors into play in a big way

Consoles should be universal, and if you want to, sacrifice a console slot for 2 device slots, or vs versa, if you NEED the 1th console, drop from 4 devices to 2. if you never ever use devices, you can have 12 consoles/ if you need every device known, maybe drop to 9 consoles for 6 device slots.
I'm sorry i did not get that.