Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
# 1 KDF fleet Starbase errors
07-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Been running around the base and finding graphical errors.

In Ops
From the Window you can look into the bar, through the wall.
http://s10.postimage.org/88zu44jq1/s...22_17_05_1.jpg
http://s7.postimage.org/49tky897f/sc...22_29_33_1.jpg

Floor is sticking outside the base near the stairs.
http://s11.postimage.org/amzgl3hpv/s...5_22_17_12.jpg

And along the other side.
http://s17.postimage.org/d5hfsnlnz/s...5_22_17_27.jpg

Inside the bar this is sticking out of the wall in one of the corners.
http://s9.postimage.org/e29r63or3/sc...5_22_18_37.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/a02cj035j/s...5_22_18_47.jpg

In Tac
One of the consoles on the central platform looks like its two consoles in the same spot.
http://s13.postimage.org/mu0eccgl3/s...5_22_20_40.jpg
http://s16.postimage.org/i74g4siqt/s...5_22_20_43.jpg
"Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,007
# 2
07-15-2012, 03:25 PM
There should be a thread for these but I;m not going to dig for it.

I do recall we were supposed to ask if you;re using directx 9 or 11 though. The reasoning being that if it;s 11, it's just needs to be regenerated while v9 was an actual error. or something like that. Going off memory.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 3
07-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiusdk View Post
Been running around the base and finding graphical errors.

In Ops
From the Window you can look into the bar, through the wall.
http://s10.postimage.org/88zu44jq1/s...22_17_05_1.jpg
http://s7.postimage.org/49tky897f/sc...22_29_33_1.jpg
That could be caused by back-facings on the model, making the wall invisible from one side. It's probably textured, but the model believes it shouldn't be showing those parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiusdk View Post
Floor is sticking outside the base near the stairs.
http://s11.postimage.org/amzgl3hpv/s...5_22_17_12.jpg


And along the other side.
http://s17.postimage.org/d5hfsnlnz/s...5_22_17_27.jpg
Another issue with the model itself. It's not simply a case of visible textures... there shouldn't be anything there TO texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiusdk View Post

Inside the bar this is sticking out of the wall in one of the corners.
http://s9.postimage.org/e29r63or3/sc...5_22_18_37.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/a02cj035j/s...5_22_18_47.jpg
Also an issue with the model itself. Good example of the back-faces issue I mentioned above though, notice how bits of it are only visible from certain angles, while others are invisible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiusdk View Post

In Tac
One of the consoles on the central platform looks like its two consoles in the same spot.
http://s13.postimage.org/mu0eccgl3/s...5_22_20_40.jpg
http://s16.postimage.org/i74g4siqt/s...5_22_20_43.jpg
Not sure what's happened here, texture overlapping such as this should overwrite, not show both together. At least consoles are textured separately, save the devs some work if it gets investigated.


Whether these problems will get looked at is anyone's guess, but if they are someone will need to go back into the model, make a few minor (in the grand scheme of things) adjustments, re-map the entire model so it can be re-textured correctly, and then reconvert it back into game-readable format.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 56
# 4
07-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I noticed a few of those issues as well, sad thing is when the base was on Tribble the windows where always closed so we couldn't see that there was no exterior model to look out at....unlike the Fed base where you can see some of the hull of the base

Also anyone thing the reflection on the KDF base windows needs to be toned down a little?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Dodgers-STO.png
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.