Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
this didnt use to be a big problem, but since DOFF missions, this is causing a LOT of repeated logins that are not really nessicary..

although i remember more MMO's having this problem then not, so this might be something thats difficult to fix
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-02-2012, 07:51 AM
For me now that we HAD to change our passwords I REALLY need this I'm still putting in my old password half the time :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I think it's security measure, not so much to protect user accounts but to make it harder for gold spammers to log in and bug people, that said, I don't doubt that the spammers are using a hacked client to get in and out quickly, so as a security measure its kind of pointless. It would be more convenient to be able to just go to the character to switch toons, but it really isn't that much of an inconvenience to have to log in each time.
It could be worse, it would be very annoying if you had to reload the game just to change toons.
Ensign
# 14
07-15-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't get the security issue, because several other MMOs, including WoW, let you drop back to character select. This is just an odd design fluke that they need to fix. Once I'm logged in, I shouldn't need to relog again and again just to switch toons. It's annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2012, 03:08 PM
I switch between alts all the time. I'm sure everyone on my friends list is getting sick of seeing the login/out flybys.
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
Career Officer
# 16
07-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by relvani View Post
I don't get the security issue, because several other MMOs, including WoW, let you drop back to character select. This is just an odd design fluke that they need to fix. Once I'm logged in, I shouldn't need to relog again and again just to switch toons. It's annoying.
And in WoW, this can happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99nfgols4E
# 17
07-15-2012, 10:35 PM
i so much enjoyed watching this video
Career Officer
# 18 Switching characters
07-16-2012, 02:19 PM
+1 from me. Logging out and back in is a waste of time.

They already have my login credentials from logging in the first time. I want a way to simply go back to the character selection screen, select a different character and make that character current. Or even just a dialog box in the current screen with a drop-down of your character names, select one, click okay, and it just swaps you over to that character.

There is no reason to have to log all the way back out unless you literally need to switch between ACCOUNTS, such as switching from your Lifer account to your girlfriend's separate account, or what have you... (M'yeah, like anyone here has a girlfr--... [/trolling] j/k ;] Like I'm one to talk!)

So, yes, please do introduce this. While you're at it, fix the re-login screen. It seems to want me to use my e-mail address and auto-inserts that unhelpfully, even after the switch over to PW which ONLY uses a username and NOT an e-mail as username.

So, yeah, make it remember my ACTUAL login credentials AND ONLY make me use them if I'm switching ACCOUNTS, but NOT if I'm just switching between characters on the SAME ACCOUNT, for which I've already supplied my credentials.

~MG
Career Officer
# 19
07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good View Post
I switch between alts all the time. I'm sure everyone on my friends list is getting sick of seeing the login/out flybys.
Yeah, and moreover I get tired of my friends always asking "why did you log out?? Are you leaving for the day? No-oo-ooo! Come ba-aa-aaack!" To which I always have to say "Dude, I'm just switching 'toons. Chill the *bleep* out!"

Y'know?
Career Officer
# 20
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
It could be worse, it would be very annoying if you had to reload the game just to change toons.
Don't give them any ideas!!