Career Officer
# 1 Foundry offline?
07-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Hi all,

is the Foundry currently offline?

I just wanted to start a new project in the Foundry, but I can't click on the Foundry button, because it is greyed out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Same here. It's rather frustrating.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 3
07-15-2012, 05:37 AM
It's offline for a short period of time as they republish all old missions and check for errors. Check the patch notes for when it is opened up again.

They are doing this to avoid previous backlashes and troubles at other large content updates.
Captain
# 4
07-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Discussion here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=307171
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 5
07-15-2012, 09:47 AM
I am also quite frustrated as I am an avid Foundry user. I do look forward to what they're adding to make it better, it's just that it's been like 3 days already. I will continue to look in the patch notes, but really, will the Foundry EVER return at this point?
Career Officer
# 6
07-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Yeah, republishing all those missions will take a long, long time. Be nice if we got somekind of ETA.

Makes me wonder, with the number of Foundry missions increasing daily, if they couldn't implement somekind of triage system that prioritizes certain Foundry missions to speed up the recovery time. Like Popular missions getting auto republished, while those who are with inactive accounts, their foundry missions need to be manually republished after the Foundry is back online. (Those who are inactive, but popular will get grandfathered in).
Ensign
# 7
07-15-2012, 02:20 PM
I know some people are frustrated, but at least Cryptic learned from their mistakes. I think it's smart that they are checking the Foundry an making sure it's ok. No one wants a repeat of season 4.

I just hope it's back up soon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Yeah, republishing all those missions will take a long, long time. Be nice if we got somekind of ETA.

Makes me wonder, with the number of Foundry missions increasing daily, if they couldn't implement somekind of triage system that prioritizes certain Foundry missions to speed up the recovery time. Like Popular missions getting auto republished, while those who are with inactive accounts, their foundry missions need to be manually republished after the Foundry is back online. (Those who are inactive, but popular will get grandfathered in).
I absolutely do NOT support the idea of giving preferential treatment to 'popular' missions. Sorry, but there are far too many missions already that get ignored or relegated to the bowels of the lists to have that sort of precident set into place, I say all(or most all) or none.

That said, yes it would be really nice to get an ETA, or at the very least, turn the editor and the save system on so we can at least get about the business of working while we wait for the real show to get back on the road.
Captain
# 9
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
I absolutely do NOT support the idea of giving preferential treatment to 'popular' missions. Sorry, but there are far too many missions already that get ignored or relegated to the bowels of the lists to have that sort of precident set into place, I say all(or most all) or none.
Another reason is because some authors have complained about getting downvoted out of spite.

What may be popular per a rating count may not be correct.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Rihannsu
# 10
07-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, if I'm playing Foundry misisons I typically avoid missions that have more than 100 review just because of that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.