Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,280
# 111
07-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
Whatever you say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzy4 View Post
We are but your claws

=^.o.^= I like that.
Look, there is nothing against you guys. In fact, the reason we promoted people to Shadowcat Elite was because we trusted them to do the job fairly. But in the end, we want to leave the major powers in the hands of the Masters.

This fleet is extraordinarily open. We provide the benefits of being in a fleet without the attendance and participation requirements other fleets have. We don't care if you log on to run three STFs in a row or just sit in front of the fire for three hours.

But that being said, promotions out of Initiate are only automatic in that it gives us a week to evaluate people. If they do nothing but whine and complain, we will most likely just boot them from the fleet. But if they contribute, then we will promote them to Specialist when they are due.

The reason we are not giving Elites promotion powers is we don't need people getting into arguments and Elite players using their power to boot people. While I cannot speak for the other Masters, I am very slow to anger. I will not simply boot people from the fleet unless they are being a continuing problem and even then it will only be after discussing it with the other Masters and giving that person a chance to correct their behavior. We want those in charge of promotions to be those who will do it with objectivity.

Believe it or not, but I was the originator of the "promote to Elite" idea. After discussing it with Alecto, we agreed how it should be handled and we moved forward. While I only had one individual in mind, Alecto suggested we promote several trusted specialists. But the entire thinking behind this was to simply give the Elites the ability to keep the Starbase Holdings organized. That's it.

We did not promote to Elite in order to allow them to run the fleet. We just needed their help to keep the fleet moving forward in the event the Masters were offline. We provided some nice benefits to go along with the rank, but you were promoted to help us. You are similar to executive assistants. We pay you well, but your entire purpose is to help out the bosses. We still run things.

There may come a time when we decide that certain Elites are worthy of joining the Masters. But it will not be anytime soon. We already have ten Masters. Five of them formed the fleet. Four of us are trusted, long-term STO veterans. And then there is Brandon who, with dev powers, could make himself supreme ruler if he wanted to.

As we get to know you we will be able to judge your character better and we may add you to the level of Master. But it will take time. We need to ensure all of our fleet leaders are of a certain moral quality so that the fleet prospers.

This ends my soapbox. It is a pleasure to serve with you cats. And I hope my reasoning is a little more clear.
___________________________
@Commadore_Bob; Joined Jul 2009; That post count + 20,000
Click on my sig to view Family-Friendly Youtube Videos
I also now have a logo shop. Click my sig!
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.

Last edited by commadorebob; 07-14-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 356
# 112
07-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
If they do nothing but whine and complain, we will most likely just boot them from the fleet. But if they contribute, then we will promote them to Specialist when they are due.

Wow! I am still here?

I guess griping about STF proto drops is a fine whine. In fact, it is getting quite a reputation for its vintage!


Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,280
# 113
07-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
Wow! I am still here?

I guess griping about STF proto drops is a fine whine. In fact, it is getting quite a reputation for its vintage!
That's not really a whine. More of an understood frustration.
___________________________
@Commadore_Bob; Joined Jul 2009; That post count + 20,000
Click on my sig to view Family-Friendly Youtube Videos
I also now have a logo shop. Click my sig!
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 478
# 114
07-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Sorry if I upset you, that was not my intention.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 586
# 115
07-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Look, there is nothing against you guys. In fact, the reason we promoted people to Shadowcat Elite was because we trusted them to do the job fairly. But in the end, we want to leave the major powers in the hands of the Masters.

This fleet is extraordinarily open. We provide the benefits of being in a fleet without the attendance and participation requirements other fleets have. We don't care if you log on to run three STFs in a row or just sit in front of the fire for three hours.

But that being said, promotions out of Initiate are only automatic in that it gives us a week to evaluate people. If they do nothing but whine and complain, we will most likely just boot them from the fleet. But if they contribute, then we will promote them to Specialist when they are due.

The reason we are not giving Elites promotion powers is we don't need people getting into arguments and Elite players using their power to boot people. While I cannot speak for the other Masters, I am very slow to anger. I will not simply boot people from the fleet unless they are being a continuing problem and even then it will only be after discussing it with the other Masters and giving that person a chance to correct their behavior. We want those in charge of promotions to be those who will do it with objectivity.

Believe it or not, but I was the originator of the "promote to Elite" idea. After discussing it with Alecto, we agreed how it should be handled and we moved forward. While I only had one individual in mind, Alecto suggested we promote several trusted specialists. But the entire thinking behind this was to simply give the Elites the ability to keep the Starbase Holdings organized. That's it.

We did not promote to Elite in order to allow them to run the fleet. We just needed their help to keep the fleet moving forward in the event the Masters were offline. We provided some nice benefits to go along with the rank, but you were promoted to help us. You are similar to executive assistants. We pay you well, but your entire purpose is to help out the bosses. We still run things.

There may come a time when we decide that certain Elites are worthy of joining the Masters. But it will not be anytime soon. We already have ten Masters. Five of them formed the fleet. Four of us are trusted, long-term STO veterans. And then there is Brandon who, with dev powers, could make himself supreme ruler if he wanted to.

As we get to know you we will be able to judge your character better and we may add you to the level of Master. But it will take time. We need to ensure all of our fleet leaders are of a certain moral quality so that the fleet prospers.

This ends my soapbox. It is a pleasure to serve with you cats. And I hope my reasoning is a little more clear.
That's very clear and I'm fine with it. I wasn't upset, just saying that if that's what you want to do, it's fine with me, I just wanted to know my role, and now I do.

I am The 1st ... I never get mad.
____________________________________
I am retired from STO. By the way, hindsight is 20/20.
Ferasan Shadow Force | Borg Extermination Squad
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 401
# 116
07-15-2012, 09:07 AM
the 1st never gets mad. Even if the Vorta steals his catnip.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 586
# 117
07-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
the 1st never gets mad. Even if the Vorta steals his catnip.
Hard to think about...

Quit trying to push my limits!
____________________________________
I am retired from STO. By the way, hindsight is 20/20.
Ferasan Shadow Force | Borg Extermination Squad
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,280
# 118
07-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
the 1st never gets mad. Even if the Vorta steals his catnip.
Hard to think about...

Quit trying to push my limits!
You have my permission to kill the Vorta. They'll just give us another one.
___________________________
@Commadore_Bob; Joined Jul 2009; That post count + 20,000
Click on my sig to view Family-Friendly Youtube Videos
I also now have a logo shop. Click my sig!
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,685
# 119
07-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Just wanted to take a moment to say that in the next couple of days we will be able to start construction on our tier 1 shipyard, and then onto the tier 1 base.

Contributions have been very fast so far and everyone is doing a superb job. Well done cats.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 464
# 120
07-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
No, we will leave promoting to the Shadowcat Masters. We are working on a master roster file right now. Once it is done, I will promote everyone who is eligible to Shadowcat Crafting Specialist unless they contact us to let us know what they want.
Hi,

Remember the rule is "Promotion is granted after 7 active days." so if a player doesn't respond they may not be active in the fleet and in such case will not be eligible for promotion.

You can check to see when a fleet member last logged in by viewing the roster in game and checking the "Status" list, which is another option available where you can also choose "Member Comments" and "Officer Comments".

Of course receiving mail or talking to a member via chat is a much more accurate way of estimating if a member has been active, while viewing the fleet holdings leaderboard tab is also another way of estimating if a member has been active.

I'm currently updating the new Google doc roster now and I'm making considerable progress, although this information will only be available to the Shadowcat Masters for security reasons.

Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Just wanted to take a moment to say that in the next couple of days we will be able to start construction on our tier 1 shipyard, and then onto the tier 1 base.

Contributions have been very fast so far and everyone is doing a superb job. Well done cats.
I also concur with that statement, we'r making a considerable push forward and it's all thanks to the group effort by our Shadowcat Specialists, Elites and Masters!

Qapla'
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 AM.