Commander
just a few little gripes with the feddy starbase id like to put down in here mainly to do with some very bad "lazy artist syndrome"

1. Tactical deck is almost a complete copy and paste of that station operations room from the mission stop the signal and a few others... not a single original thought went into this deck at all and you cant even sit on any of the office chairs and the wall trophy's look like they are the product of a transporter accident that got them stuck into the wall, in all honesty this deck needs a complete overhaul as its just the most awful deck on the station... actually it doesn't even feel like im on the station in there.

2. Ops deck has potential but there is just way to much UN-utilised space and feels way to sterile even for a feddy base and was just very underwhelming for the main deck especially the actual opps room as it just felt way to small and was very un needed. i would at least like to suggest having the dill window come all the way down to the floor at least up at what i would like to call a bar but looks more like a kiddy's climbing frame currently,
oh and also again i cant sit on ANY of the chairs on this deck ( at least i think that's what they are.)

3. science and engineering decks im gunna shove in the same point as they are very much worse in the regard that all the rooms except the main engineering room are completely identical to what i have on my ship its as if these rooms were crammed in at the last second to flesh out the feddy starbase a tad which really did not work one little bit, int he engineering deck you can see alot of blatent in your face copy and paste work of consoles and identical screens.

all in all the feddy starbase interior is a shambles and after so much hype about season 6 and starbases seemingly its main focus it honestly looks like this starbase was more of an after thought which is supprising really since it was all hyped up and pics posted everywhere of the main deck ( which looked very empty from those screenshots also) it actually looks like that whoever did the interior was doing this during his forced overtime with no pay and had no interest in doing this work in the first place.
this is a shame since the klingon starbase interior is amazing and it looked like the person who did it actually wanted to do it and put alot of thought and effort an all decks with the exception of the engineering deck as its just the engineering section of the klingon ship interriors but thats pretty much the only gripe i had with the klingon one, space was utilised and it felt very complete even though absalutely no upgrades had been done on it not even the shutters had been removed and it still looks great and feels like a station.

i would like to suggest for both of the starbases though having an upgrade project at a mid teir of making a personal living quarters deck where you can assign fleet memebrs crew quarters that once assigned the fleet members can customise to an extent and put up a limited number of trophys and have access to a little bank and mail terminal , think it would at least add a more lived in touch for starbases woudlnt you think??
Captain
# 2
07-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Ops will flesh out the further you progress.

A house doesn't typically come furnished and decorated, you've got to supply your own stuff.

As for the re-used maps. Yeah they're recycled. but it saved money and development time. I and the rest of my fleet are fine with it.

Engineering deck is mighty large for only having the ship tailor on it.
Commander
# 3
07-14-2012, 02:57 PM
yea but for something that took so long, and for it being in 2012 and all one kinda expects better work.

overall im happy with them but some touching up would be nice at least before they go back to the next lockbox scheme.
Captain
# 4
07-14-2012, 03:07 PM
any one know what purpose the holodeck has in ops? is it unlocked at a later tier or is it just there to look pretty
Career Officer
# 5
07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
I was nice about it when it was on tribble, but now that it's not...

To everyone involved in the dev process for the lower decks;

I see two options here. first is if this was borne of the actual devs own making then shame on the devs. I don't care if that hurts your feelings, in fact it should, those decks don't meet the standards Cryptic has been setting for their interior designs recently. You've got a lot of recently made pre-existing assets you could have used to atleast hide the obvious copy/paste job and you didn't even bother using them. They look like my season 1 ship interiors.

Now, second option is if the devs absolutely weren't allowed to do more than the shoddy copy/paste job thanks to higher ups, then shame on Cryptic and PWE for forcing that. I expect better, seeing how poorly you treat content you don't instantly make money from hurts the game as a whole and will affect this customers desire to spend money on your product.

OK, that said the OPS deck is great, I look forward to slowly building on it with the extra bits I saw on tribble. It's just a shame that it's shinyness is tarnished by the lower decks.
Joined August 2008
Commander
# 6
07-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtiggy View Post
just a few little gripes with the feddy starbase id like to put down in here mainly to do with some very bad "lazy artist syndrome"

1. Tactical deck is almost a complete copy and paste of that station operations room from the mission stop the signal and a few others... not a single original thought went into this deck at all and you cant even sit on any of the office chairs and the wall trophy's look like they are the product of a transporter accident that got them stuck into the wall, in all honesty this deck needs a complete overhaul as its just the most awful deck on the station... actually it doesn't even feel like im on the station in there.

2. Ops deck has potential but there is just way to much UN-utilised space and feels way to sterile even for a feddy base and was just very underwhelming for the main deck especially the actual opps room as it just felt way to small and was very un needed. i would at least like to suggest having the dill window come all the way down to the floor at least up at what i would like to call a bar but looks more like a kiddy's climbing frame currently,
oh and also again i cant sit on ANY of the chairs on this deck ( at least i think that's what they are.)

3. science and engineering decks im gunna shove in the same point as they are very much worse in the regard that all the rooms except the main engineering room are completely identical to what i have on my ship its as if these rooms were crammed in at the last second to flesh out the feddy starbase a tad which really did not work one little bit, int he engineering deck you can see alot of blatent in your face copy and paste work of consoles and identical screens.

all in all the feddy starbase interior is a shambles and after so much hype about season 6 and starbases seemingly its main focus it honestly looks like this starbase was more of an after thought which is supprising really since it was all hyped up and pics posted everywhere of the main deck ( which looked very empty from those screenshots also) it actually looks like that whoever did the interior was doing this during his forced overtime with no pay and had no interest in doing this work in the first place.
this is a shame since the klingon starbase interior is amazing and it looked like the person who did it actually wanted to do it and put alot of thought and effort an all decks with the exception of the engineering deck as its just the engineering section of the klingon ship interriors but thats pretty much the only gripe i had with the klingon one, space was utilised and it felt very complete even though absalutely no upgrades had been done on it not even the shutters had been removed and it still looks great and feels like a station.

i would like to suggest for both of the starbases though having an upgrade project at a mid teir of making a personal living quarters deck where you can assign fleet memebrs crew quarters that once assigned the fleet members can customise to an extent and put up a limited number of trophys and have access to a little bank and mail terminal , think it would at least add a more lived in touch for starbases woudlnt you think??
AMEN to all of the above! The first fleet base I checked into was Kleenex side and was very impressed! A big room with a bar and a fireplace. A really nice conference table at the back of the foyer behind a grand looking panel. Obviously some of the decor resembled shipboard but not so much as to be disappointing and, really, that would be expected... especially of Klingon engineers, eh? Was really excited to see the Startle Fleet version... what a disappointment!! It looks... unfinished... almost abandoned. What is that one elevated room as you come in? Looks like a DJ's booth. Is this a starbase or a disco? No real meeting areas. No place to sit. No tables. Just a couple of tacky looking plastic benches that look like rejects from 1990's era American minimalist chic. Pale pastels everywhere... no real color. Yeeesh... made my Admiral of Vice think seriously about defecting...
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Captain
# 7
07-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
AMEN to all of the above! The first fleet base I checked into was Kleenex side and was very impressed! A big room with a bar and a fireplace. A really nice conference table at the back of the foyer behind a grand looking panel. Obviously some of the decor resembled shipboard but not so much as to be disappointing and, really, that would be expected... especially of Klingon engineers, eh? Was really excited to see the Startle Fleet version... what a disappointment!! It looks... unfinished... almost abandoned. What is that one elevated room as you come in? Looks like a DJ's booth. Is this a starbase or a disco? No real meeting areas. No place to sit. No tables. Just a couple of tacky looking plastic benches that look like rejects from 1990's era American minimalist chic. Pale pastels everywhere... no real color. Yeeesh... made my Admiral of Vice think seriously about defecting...
Well, good. It's about time KDF got the same product as the Federation, only better. It's usually been the other direction in the past. Quit whining and play with your wide selection of ships and wide selection of unique content, and everything else the Federation has been given exclusively.
Commander
# 8
07-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Well, good. It's about time KDF got the same product as the Federation, only better. It's usually been the other direction in the past. Quit whining and play with your wide selection of ships and wide selection of unique content, and everything else the Federation has been given exclusively.
problem is the selection isnt that wide...............

and its sad for feds and even worse for klinks...............................