Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Ensign
# 81 Extremely low FX sounds.
07-15-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. If not I apologize and please move it to the appropriate place. Ever since the season 6 patch/launch all of the FX sounds I hear ( space/ground weapons, slipstream/transwarp, powers/buffs, mining, etc. ) have become VERY muted. If I zoom in all the way on my character they increase a very tiny bit. I have tried changing all the audio settings to different levels several times, checking my sound card drivers ( nothing changed ), force verifying, logging out, quitting the game completely and re-launching, disabled on demand patching, and even re-booting my PC but nothing has worked. The music and ambient sounds work fine however. All the other games and other programs I run work just fine also. This is only happening in STO and only since the season 6 launch. I submitted an in-game ticket ( ticket ID # 1,365,609 ) but have not heard anything back about it. This issue is making it almost not worth playing STO anymore. Please help me with this. Thank you.
Empire Veteran
# 82
07-15-2012, 10:29 PM
In fleet action Starbase fleet defence. This female Klingon doesn't want to stop talking. Even though you end up the fleet action. She is still talking. Any sound are muted or almost muted. Can you imagine you're on DS9 and the female klingon is still talking.
The only way I found to resolv this .IT's restart the game. I confess it's little bit boring
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 83
07-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
In fleet action Starbase fleet defence. This female Klingon doesn't want to stop talking. Even though you end up the fleet action. She is still talking. Any sound are muted or almost muted. Can you imagine you're on DS9 and the female klingon is still talking.
The only way I found to resolv this .IT's restart the game. I confess it's little bit boring
This thread details that bug. I also posted my own not long before but it seems to have dropped off the face of the forum!

It's also happening on fed side and causes insane cpu usage from an already overly cpu intensive game.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Captain
# 84
07-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
It's not just KDF side.

The excitable young man on SF side gets caught in a loop And when he does my FPS goes into decimal points. (The audio files start stacking and it tries to play multiple ones at one).

Map: Starbase Fleet Defense

Windows 7-64
Coire2Quad 3.0Ghz
4G DDR2 @ 1066
GTX275 (Drivers: 295.73)
Realtek HD Audio onboard (Drivers: 6.0.1.6662 6/19/2012)
Generic analog stereo speakers.
# 85
07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
That's what happens to me beezle23. It's hammering my poor old core2 duo e8400. It's normally averaging around 60% usage but when this bug kicks in it will hit a solid 100% no matter what I do. I have no option but to leave the game as soon as I notice it occuring
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Ensign
3 days have pased and y cant exchange dilithium ore it tels me y already exchange 8 k today... y didn't and it dosent seam to let me exchange aany longer ....sugestion what can y doo pls help me! [y know about every dai limit of 8 k and y have 80 k ore so its not that]
Survivor of Remus
# 87 sound
09-24-2012, 04:29 AM
last time i did a fleet action or PvE or PvP, there were heaps of ships, so it was a big battle. Anyway, i found the sound in the game wasn't keeping up. I since then have update my audio drivers, but still find the sound a bit glitchy here n there, to even the smallest of things like when your beaming in to the space dock from your ship, sometimes i will get some or most of the beaming in/out sounds, but cuts out before it finishes.
The little things dont bother me so much, but when your in a big battle like i was, you want to hear everything, not just dribs n drabs

any suggestions? or is this a well known bug?
Empire Veteran
# 88
09-24-2012, 04:39 AM
I have the same problem, thought it was only me but after reading on i noticed that many seem to have this problem as 'o late?

Ussually happens when i am playing group missions like STF's and such...
Empire Veteran
# 89
09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
In STF Cure Ground Elite or Normal.
I can't hear the pulsewave weapon. Especially mine.
When we start after the shield down. For the first and the second Borg group. When I shot borg with pulsewave weapon. I can't hear my gun.
After the first turret, it seems it's ok.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Career Officer
# 90
09-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Ever since 2 patches ago antiproton sounds are much louder than they have been (in space). If my ship is right next to someone who has antiproton weapons (I have phasers), I can't even hear my phaser sounds in leiu of hearing antiproton weapon sounds completely drowning mine. Even if they move 10 or 20 KM away, their weapon sounds are still prevalent over mine, although I can hear mine more clearly at that point.

All my fleet mates have noticed this as well, so it isn't just me. Tetryon also seems to do this as well.
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!