Lt. Commander
# 21
07-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakitty View Post
Ok, so let me get this straight, the ships you buy from what's now the Zen store are account wide unlocks? I've only read on the discription for the oddy pack and it's Klink equivalent a line about being account unlocks, none of the other ships have anything in their description about being unlocked for a whole account.
It's still called the C-store I believe, and yes ships bought from the C-Store are account wide unlocks, all of them. Lock Box Ships, and Fleet Ships are are not account wide.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Lieutenant
# 22
07-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrafortune View Post
It's still called the C-store I believe, and yes ships bought from the C-Store are account wide unlocks, all of them. Lock Box Ships, and Fleet Ships are are not account wide.
It's now the Zen store since they've shifted from C-points to using PWE's Zen currency. And thank you very much for confirming this, makes things a little more berable. Not much, but a little.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakitty View Post
It's now the Zen store since they've shifted from C-points to using PWE's Zen currency. And thank you very much for confirming this, makes things a little more berable. Not much, but a little.
It's still the C-Store

In regards to Fleet Modules, I personally don't see it as that big of an issue. I can get free zen by doing those crappy little surveys If i ever want one, or buy one on the exchange. And there are 'Free' variants of most ships that don't require a C-Store Purchase. I am still mad however that there's pretty much no way to get a ship that competes with the Fleet Ships in terms of ability for the ones that require modules, and in terms of variety at end-game in general.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
07-15-2012, 02:15 AM
yes doing the quizzes are such a GOOD idea (sarcasm). i was just f-ing around one day and clicked on it to do one, logged on the next day and had to do a system restore to get rid of some stuff that slipped through my firewall and antivirus from peanut labs. so yes get zen points at what cost though, a virus slipping through and killing your computer thanks but im good. the modules are way to expensive i can understand the modules being about 250 or 300 but 500 is ridiculous. Especially for those of us who dont have any source of income or arent on long enough to grind 8000 dilithium per day per character. also the fact that the bugs and galors and dkoras already have there upgrade is ridiculous everybody i knew could barely tank two, now it is impossible to even tank one let alone be able to kill it. A few of my friends went into a pvp, hard core pvpers mind you, fighting two bug ships, everybody on the other team except the bugs left. my friends got rolled 15 to 4. Im sorry but to almost no name players versus a premade and winning by a margin of that much is absurd. bugs should not be able to tank the way they do. if anybody remembers bug ships were cannon fodder and died very easy in the series something must be done about this ship. (sorry ranting) anyways once the price for the fleet modules come down then i will be happy. also the fact that only t5 ships get a discount isnt fair i have the rhode island while i dont think it should be discounted down to 1 like the t5 it should at least be 2 or 3 instead of the full 4. just my few cents on a few issues.
Republic Veteran
# 25
07-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
I mentioned in another thread, but endgame content is currently tuned to be T5 anyway. It's not like ********, where you need more powerful gear to move forward; all these Fleet ships will do is make the current PVE game easier, and give you an edge in PVP.

Considering how tough they've made it to get up to the Fleet ships anyway, the C-Store ships you already have will do you just fine.

EDIT:
Wow. Just wow. They censored War Craft. WoW.
ROFLMAO...

I agree with the op...they are expensive...at least half of the fleet ships I want for my various characters I don't want specifically because they are more powerful...I want them because they have much more unique and interesting Boff layouts.
Captain
# 26
07-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
ROFLMAO...

I agree with the op...they are expensive...at least half of the fleet ships I want for my various characters I don't want specifically because they are more powerful...I want them because they have much more unique and interesting Boff layouts.
Indeed. Besides liking the Nova (which isn't enough of a reason for me to buy it for $20), the main reason I wanted one was because of that LtC tac. It's something I could make great use of and something the science ship lineup has needed for a while. it's also the reason I am hugely disappointed with the science vessel retrofit since that ship has same layout as the recon science vessel.

Last edited by raptor63549; 07-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Ensign
# 27
07-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow just wow .....man y'all have it easy here but many ppl still crying .....I know a MMO that their end ship carrier cost $150.00 and their line ship cost $75.00 that's not including the cost it takes to level up ur weapons Hull engines computers oh and u have to grind to pay for ammo .......just look at it this way STO way cheaper than BGO.... be glad STO is not like BGO

Last edited by soultaker1x1; 07-15-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Captain
# 28
07-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Why should we care what happens in another MMO? This isn't that other MMO.
Why don't we compare this to EvE online in that case where I just got a capital ship for the sum of $0.
Ensign
# 29
07-16-2012, 04:18 AM
I checked the Shipyard and noticed not ALL the Fleet Ships take Modules, some take JUST Fleet Credits (Rather high numbers of them too, 20k and up).

Of course they're not as good as the ones that take modules though.
Empire Veteran
# 30
07-16-2012, 04:40 AM
The ones that take only fleet credits are not the "Fleet" variant, and they only have nine console slots.

I look at fleet ships as desirable lock box ships that "can" be obtained by anyone, regardless of luck. You pay $20.00 (US), grind fleet merits, and fleet star base ship yard levels. You pay $5 less than an account wide ship unlock, AND grind... all for a single character ship!

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom