Lt. Commander
1: Let us create a stock uniform for male and female officers. Ideally, we would be able to create one for the generic milling officers and also customize the outfits of the "special" officers such as the counselor and doctor.

2: Let us choose the people for the stations we interact with, like the doctor and so forth -- from our duty officer roster.

3: Stock the crew with people on our duty and bridge officer lists only. (Except for beginning players who would have the generic complement due to a lack of their own officers.)

4: Let us customize the appearance of people on our duty and bridge officer lists.

5: Let us craft duty officers: quality, race, occupation, traits, sex, appearance

6: Let us craft bridge officers: quality, race, occupation, traits, sex, appearance

7. Growable duty officers, so whites can graduate to greens and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Some nice ideas, though raised before:

1) Devs would like to do but lack the 'tech' at this time.

2) As above.

3) As above.

4) As above, plus there's likely to be DB and storage issues.

5) not entirely sure of the point of this one.

6) As 5) above

7) Devs did consider it but the system lacks the underlying infrastructure to accomplish this. Be nice though...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Some nice ideas, though raised before:

1) Devs would like to do but lack the 'tech' at this time.

2) As above.

3) As above.

4) As above, plus there's likely to be DB and storage issues.

5) not entirely sure of the point of this one.

6) As 5) above

7) Devs did consider it but the system lacks the underlying infrastructure to accomplish this. Be nice though...
Lack the tech? No one knows who to do the coding?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
Lack the tech? No one knows who to do the coding?
Programming time is in very high demand. Things that the engine cannot currently do that sometimes seem simple, aren't, and sometimes the opposite. Anything that the engine can't do now that is requested goes through a process of triage and scheduling.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Programming time is in very high demand. Things that the engine cannot currently do that sometimes seem simple, aren't, and sometimes the opposite. Anything that the engine can't do now that is requested goes through a process of triage and scheduling.

I've been curious about this, and have asked the question before, with never a response... but I'll ask again, for in the hopes of an answer...

As far as the crew uniforms go.. could not the tech that we use to define Fleet Uniforms be modified for your ship crew?

I doubt this would be a "simple" job, but.. would that actually work?

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I see what you mean now.... Engine bursts into flames... (Triage)... Unscheduled Downtime (Scheduling)
Ensign
# 7
07-16-2012, 08:42 AM
1) can you create the delta quadrant

2) at level 50 you can create your own ship with different parts from all the different ships in the data base this will probably be a lot of data to store

3) same as above but with shuttles

i don't no what else to put down even if one of these are put in to the game i would be happy as some of the other that i no play the game