Ensign
# 11
07-13-2012, 05:57 PM
My solution was to copy the .hogg files from the Tibble version of the game (playtest folder) and if worked just great.
Ensign
# 12 issue resolved?
07-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsofanempire View Post
1. Launcher-> Options -> Disable on-demand patching -> Restart launcher.
2. Launcher-> Options-> Force Verify.
See if that fixes your issues.
well something happened... on checking "disable on-demand patching" it started to download a new patch... and it actually is patching now...
Ensign
# 13 what he said... lol
07-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post
Really i want a fix for this "can't decompress data"... i'm at a point i'm so close of uninstalling this game and never installing it again, and i'm a lifetime member so trust me i'm hooked to this game but i can't do this s h i t anymore, the game crashes more then i can play! foking idiot dev that wrote the file handling system of this game.

this game reads & writes 100times more then any of my other games, its foking up its own hogg files every time the wtex error shows up!

WE NEED A FIX!! or REWRITE THE BLOODY FILE USE OF THIS GAME!
darn right... i'm not far behinde you with uninstalling...
Ensign
# 14 still not working...
07-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsofanempire View Post
1. Launcher-> Options -> Disable on-demand patching -> Restart launcher.
2. Launcher-> Options-> Force Verify.
See if that fixes your issues.
nope that didn't fix it... thanks anyway... and i have tried to identify the bad ".hogg" but the error msgs don't tell me... they just say "most likely cause is bad RAM" my RAM is freaking fine!!!
Ensign
# 15 Goodbye STO
07-16-2012, 10:53 AM
unistalling due to lack of stability in the game... i am currently debating with myself if i am ever going to reinstall...
Ensign
# 16 one last try...
07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanprowler View Post
unistalling due to lack of stability in the game... i am currently debating with myself if i am ever going to reinstall...
before i uninstall i'm going to try one last thing... i suspect that "Avast!" is scanning the files on closing each file and i think that when the game needs the file again Avast! says "nope you'll have to wait untill i finish checking it" and the game throws a temper tantrum...

i am going to see if excluding the game from on closure file scans fixes the problem... if that fails THEN i'll uninstall...
Ensign
# 17 fixed it! :D
07-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanprowler View Post
before i uninstall i'm going to try one last thing... i suspect that "Avast!" is scanning the files on closing each file and i think that when the game needs the file again Avast! says "nope you'll have to wait untill i finish checking it" and the game throws a temper tantrum...

i am going to see if excluding the game from on closure file scans fixes the problem... if that fails THEN i'll uninstall...
excluding STO from "Avast!"s automatic read, write and excute scans has fixed the problem the game runs for at least 48 hours with no problems now!

solution to problem: NOTE: i have the "talk like a priate mod" active on avast! so text in brackets will be differnet...

Open avast! user interface > (File system shield) > Expert settings > Exclusions > enter following as stated in the highest open slot: C:\Programe Files\Cryptic Studios\* > tick R,W and X tickboxs > Click OK > Uninstall STO > Reinstall STO > allow it to patch > click "ENGAGE"
Ensign
# 18 which .hogg???
11-02-2012, 06:39 AM
it's finally telling me which file is playing up... which .hogg file is the texture library in?
Ensign
# 19 which .hogg??? #2
11-18-2012, 05:13 AM
should i just get rid of all the texture ".hogg" files? the error messages are telling me that it's the texture library that is playing up...
Ensign
# 20 Working now!
04-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Had my computer upgraded to windows 8 now... I re installed STO (copied the STO folder from my nas box to my desktop and created a shortcut to the .exe file) and it's working!

so far I've actually had to log-out every time I'm done with STO for the day and it's been working for about a week... which already is a new record... perhaps the problem was my "C:" drive running with almost no space left which might have been causing STO to spaz out... anyway my hard-drive has 178GB free now and STO is working perfectly!