Empire Veteran
# 21
07-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Look at it this way, at least it's canon, the Miranda's were canon fodder in the Dominion War and so history repeats itself, at least they know where they stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
07-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
The point is, that they don?t have a job to do right now. They are completely worthless.
Actually they are doing the job (i tested it and got four kills despite the massive skev storm being thrown around by the big boys)

Admittedly the newly created test characters biggest kill was a bird of prey
But they are doing the job
Ensign
# 23
07-15-2012, 01:12 PM
So an idea would be to change how the teams are formed. Since this is PvE there is no need to balance teams so, why not just assign a point value to each ship and instead of a limited number of ships allowed in the instance just allow only a certain point value.

So instead of 12 ships allowed total (just grabbing random numbers here) allow 80 points of ships. Make a Miranda be something like 2 points and the larger ones be more, something like 7 or 8 points for a admiral ship and have everything between have appropriate point values. I'm sure that those number are very wrong but I just wanted to put the idea out there with some kind of example.

This means that the Mirandas are not killing the teams chances but can still participate.

Just an idea.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
07-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightviper View Post
So an idea would be to change how the teams are formed. Since this is PvE there is no need to balance teams so, why not just assign a point value to each ship and instead of a limited number of ships allowed in the instance just allow only a certain point value.

So instead of 12 ships allowed total (just grabbing random numbers here) allow 80 points of ships. Make a Miranda be something like 2 points and the larger ones be more, something like 7 or 8 points for a admiral ship and have everything between have appropriate point values. I'm sure that those number are very wrong but I just wanted to put the idea out there with some kind of example.

This means that the Mirandas are not killing the teams chances but can still participate.

Just an idea.
Where is the damn Like button when you need it?
Republic Veteran
# 25
07-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Allowing lvl 11s with lvl 50s is completely idiotic and needs to be hotfixed out straight away. Completely ruins the game for the rest of the team.
Captain
# 26
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightviper View Post

Just an idea.
awesome idea but the game already has a limit of how many objects it can render it would just turn into a big cluster with even more invisible weapons and mines
Lieutenant
# 27
07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I did one with my Lt Cmder toon, not realizing it would throw me in the same group of 5 with VAs. I did my best, but it was hard to contribute. It's not a huge deal for the fleet defense, but in NWS or blockade it just about will sink a team.

I like the idea of the whole fleet getting to participate, of a tactical wing of Mirandas fighting alongside a sovereign... much more canon; you never saw a Dominion war episode that was just 5 galaxies against a Dominion fleet.

That said, there needs to be some sort of fix. If you want to keep with the "fleets" theme, then maybe remove the 5-man minimum for mixed level fleets. e.g. 1 VA = 2 Cmdr = 4 Lt. So you might run one with 5 VAs, and the next might be 3 VAs, 2 Cmdrs, and 4 Lts.