Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Marks
07-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Ok I searched around and could not find my answer so here goes.

What is the criteria for earning fleet marks on the new missions?
I ask because as solo, I am able to pick up the new missions and they reward fleet marks.
When 4 fleet mates and I got together this weekend and teamed up, we were not earning fleet marks on the same missions. We confirmed this by soloing out again and we were all again earning fleet marks.

How does this make sense? You get together as a fleet and cannot earn the marks? But Solo out and marks are earned?

This had us scratching our heads.

For what it's worth our fleet only has 7 members :-) (Murasaki-7)

anyway, whats the deal folks?
Career Officer
# 2
07-16-2012, 09:12 AM
my fleet has 5 members, not including alts, how do i achieve fleet marks?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Were you trying to do the Tholian Incursion missions for Fleet Marks?

Those only give out Fleet Marks while the Fleet Marks Event is active, otherwise they give out Dilithium. You can tell when this event is active by viewing your in-game events calendar (press "J" to open your Journal).

I also have an out-of-game Calendar which you can read here (Subspace Agenda website) or here (STO forums) to see when the various events are occuring (NOTE: Season 6 completely rearranged the schedules of almost all in-game events, so I am currently still in the process of trying to map out the various events)

EDIT: Other methods to get Fleet Marks when the Fleet Marks Event is NOT active:
  • Speak to your Starbase Officer of the Watch (located in your Fleet Starbase) for a short daily.
  • PvE Queued Events such as:
    • No Win Scenario
    • Colony Invasion
    • Fleet Defense (requires that you belong to a fleet)
    • Fleet Alert (requires that you belong to a fleet)
    • Starbase Blockade (requires that you belong to a fleet)
    • Starbase Incursion (requires that you belong to a fleet)
    • (I feel like I'm forgetting one more)

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 07-16-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
So then the above events are the ONLY way to get fleet exp then?
Career Officer
# 5
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes/No.

Those events give you Fleet Marks. Not Fleet EXP. Fleet EXP your fleet makes by completing special projects, which require Fleet Marks to be paid into them by members as part of their starting criteria.

Also, during the Tholian Incursion event (2-hours) the missions on the Tholian groundmap (Nukara) give Fleet Marks as well.
Reave
Rihannsu
# 6
07-16-2012, 01:18 PM
it should be noted that once you are in a fleet you can team with other people from other fleets via the queues, so you dont have to team with your friends specifically.

if you want to solo 100% then the tholian event during the window is the only way to get significant marks (the officer of teh watch is just 5 a day), but the 5 man event missions are pretty good and dont require too much expertise.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Yes/No.

Those events give you Fleet Marks. Not Fleet EXP. Fleet EXP your fleet makes by completing special projects, which require Fleet Marks to be paid into them by members as part of their starting criteria.

Also, during the Tholian Incursion event (2-hours) the missions on the Tholian groundmap (Nukara) give Fleet Marks as well.
The title and topic of this thread is Fleet Marks. Not Fleet XP.

And there is no Tholian Incursion Event. The Nukara missions are available all day, every day. They give Fleet Marks during the Fleet Mark Events which are the 2 hour event things you're probably thinking of (except for two events on Sunday so far when they're only 1 hour).

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 07-16-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
07-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Side question (wife over the shoulder)

Which energy type works best against the Tholians?
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmith View Post
Side question (wife over the shoulder)

Which energy type works best against the Tholians?
Sonic.

I've only seen [Sonic] modded weapons drop from the Tholian Incursion reward boxes though. And also all of the [Sonic]s I've seen are Antiprotons.

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 10
07-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Use your prize weapon from the Breen.. the CRM 200

All weapons awarded in the Tholian missions are Sonic Antiproton

Now tell your wife to go away... the beers getting warm, and the Orions are getting cold...

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 07-16-2012 at 04:20 PM.