Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 11
07-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
For anyone else who's having the issue, could you check something I noticed..

The mission tracker shows the mission moving to the next stages and giving the current stage's goals, but if I open my log, it *never* changes from the "Go to DS9" stage of the mission. So, it appears the Mission Tracker updates but the mission in the Log doesn't.

Perhaps that knowledge may help the Devs isolate where the bug is.
I noticed the same thing, the in-mission tracker updates, but the main log tracker doesnt update once arriving at ds9 to sync with the mission progress. Im playing as Human Fed so if KDF are experiencing the same issues it may not be faction specific and more down to a signal code for arriving at ds9. Maybe a quick check by a dev into that might solve the issue of mission progression?
Ensign
# 12
07-14-2012, 04:32 AM
I just ran through the mission a couple of times and wasn't able to hand it in a single time. Quite frustrating, I want to outfit my entire away team with the Jem'Hadar ground set. I've earned the gun many times over, now!

Oh well, I hear that an MMO based on another popular science fiction franchise is now free to play to a particular level. Might have to give it a shot.
Lieutenant
# 13
07-14-2012, 06:56 AM
ditto - same problems for me - I thought I was just missing some key mission completion button - but no, looks like it's a large scale problem

and sounds like it's been a large scale problem for awhile - theres also a thread in the missions forum for this as well

so yes, add me to the list of bugged and annoyed about it
Ensign
# 14
07-14-2012, 11:27 AM
The same for me : I tried it 3 times

This is annoying..
Ensign
# 15
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I encounter the very same problem.
At first I though it was because I was unable to save all the federation ships, but it seems to be a general bug as far as I can tell from here.
I finished it for the third time, and while the mission tracker tells me to "Flee Circus - Warp to Bajor", the questlog actually tells me I am at "Second Wave - Disarming Diplomats - Go to Deep Space 9".
I read on some other thread I should not "warp out", but instead "hail the quest npc from the log" as a bandaid - I do not know if this is actually working for someone else, but since my questlog is stuck at the beginning there is no one I could hail.

I assmune most people here would be pretty happy if we got some kind of workaround or at least a eta on when it will be possible to play through the whole story again?

EDIT:
I don't know if this is of relevance for finding the error responsible, but the quest does not seem to "save".
Usuall after I pass a save point I get to "continue Mission AB" if I fly out of the sector, do pvp in betwenn, etc... but in this case I always only get the option to "Begin: Second Wave" - even though I definetly passed savepoints.

Last edited by wrightinents; 07-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Lieutenant
# 16
07-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Another thing I noticed.

The mission *does* complete in a group for the character it would not work with solo.

So, until an actual fix comes around, the workaround seems to be 'do it in a group'.
------------------------------------------------

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
Ensign
# 17
07-18-2012, 02:55 PM
This is my reaction on the same topic, please continue there to keep the topics limited

I have the same problem with my federation character, but not with my klingon toon.

The problem I've noticed is that all the way through the beginning, until right before taking the turbolift to the conference room, the mission status says: Second Wave: "disarming diplomats" and the flee circus mentions the same: "disarming diplomats".

If you then take the turbolift, the mission status should mention "conference conflicts" but it doesn't. The mission status still mentions "disarming diplomats" but it should mention "conference conflicts" as in the flee circus. As long as this doens't change, you cannot continue the mission. So don't convince the diplomats, don't fight your way through to the dock and don't battle outside. It won't change a thing. You keep wasting your time.

Once you see that the mission status doesn't change into "conference conflicts", restart or give up.

Why my klingon toon did the job from the first try, I can't tell.

It's sad to see that Second Wave and Cryptic don't even try to solve it, nor do they answer my hails.

This is a link to the walkthrough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v42PutGpUmQ
Ensign
# 18
07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
Another thing I noticed.

The mission *does* complete in a group for the character it would not work with solo.

So, until an actual fix comes around, the workaround seems to be 'do it in a group'.

Not for me. The other two team members got a complete (both of em for a second+ time) but not I. Hasn't worked solo for 3 other tries either.
Lieutenant
# 19 Still Not working
07-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah just started this game like 2 weeks ago got to this mission and I have completed it 5 times now with no luck. The last 2 times after the initial 3 was just trying a few things that have been mentioned here. It is kind of disappointing that they can't seem to fix it. I was really getting into this game. I just quit 2 other games that are full of glitches like this. So now to search the forums and see how many it has and decide if I want to keep playing and to spend money on it or not. I realize all games have glitches; it is the customer support part that is the key. I just got burned by other game companies spending money and never getting any support at all. I realize you can skip the mission...but if you can't play it they need to take it out and move the mission "prizes" to the mission before it, like a double bonus or something. Actually i like following the story line so hopefully they will fix it. It has sure stopped my game play in the mean time. Guess I might come back to it in a few days and try again. Sorry for the wall of text - Just trying to get my point across......
Captain
# 20
07-18-2012, 11:47 PM
It is actually resetting before warping to Bajor.... the window showing the stage you are on says "Flee Circus..... Warp to Bajor", but the mission description itself above says you are back on the disarming diplomats stage.

If you fly back to the station before warping out, the station is friendly with all turrets intact....