Career Officer
I have a good supply of Boffs on my ship. When I want to change Boffs on my Universal Station, the list is long. It would be nice if they were alphabetically arranged OR profession arranged OR if the names were color coded so I know what profession they are at a quick glance.

Also it would be nice if the left hand column of the Crew screen (when you hit U) was ordered in some way (alphabetical, professionally then alphabetically). The Boffs keep jumping order and it makes it annoying to find a specific Boff.

Or give me 2-3 customizable boff preset layouts so I can hit ONE button and switch from Tank boff arrangement to Damage boff arrangement.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 07-16-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Captain
# 2
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
I have a good supply of Boffs on my ship. When I want to change Boffs on my Universal Station, the list is long. It would be nice if they were alphabetically arranged OR profession arranged OR if the names were color coded so I know what profession they are at a quick glance.

Also it would be nice if the left hand column of the Crew screen (when you hit U) was ordered in some way (alphabetical, professionally then alphabetically). The Boffs keep jumping order and it makes it annoying to find a specific Boff.

Or give me 2-3 customizable boff preset layouts so I can hit ONE button and switch from Tank boff arrangement to Damage boff arrangement.
A suggestion I've heard in-game is to just name your Boffs by profession and purpose (eng/sci healing, attack patterns, cannon modifier, etc), so that they're easily distinguished. I might try that out, myself, as I don't use my Boffs on the ground very often as it is. . .so I don't really care what they're called, ultimately.
Career Officer
# 3
07-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Yeah, thought of that, and probably will do it, put a T_ or E_ or S_ in front of the names. The boffs will still in random order that changes every now and then. Just think players shouldn't have to make a work-around to make up for Cryptic lack of forethought that maybe a big list of names should have some kinda order to them.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Career Officer
# 4
07-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I'll even take a little, tiny colored dot next to their names.