Republic Veteran
# 11
07-17-2012, 01:37 AM
It's called "No-win" for a reason,live with it.

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Career Officer
# 12
07-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinead51 View Post
Whilst I realise the the threat is, more or less, about the 'no-win scenario' mission, this particular 'issue' does extend a little beyond that.

Those warheads have made an appearance in the Cure Space STF and it has been noted that the Kang is being one-shotted by them on occasion. At least, it was either those or isometric charge's - eitherway, don't think that adding the ability to one-shot the Kang was a good thing at all.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 07-17-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 13
07-17-2012, 02:18 AM
The biggest issue is the damage output of the Warheads Point Defense system, it's borderline stupid. If it was adjusted downwards a little, they would be much more manageable.
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-17-2012, 02:41 AM
at level 5 its not necessarily the number of ships thats the problem, its the debuffs and warheads you encounter. all the sudden the team and the transport has no energy thanks to insane strong tykerns rifts or some other thing, its shields fail and it dies instantly. if any enemies get anywhere close to it its over, you have to tractor repulser them all away from it to stand a chance.
Captain
# 15
07-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
Yes that fleet was the Sad Pandas. Quite frankly I think it was childish of Gozer to throw in the Bio-N platforms that fire off these warheads like a missile battery, I have seen 5 or 6 simultaneously deployed from one at any given time. I stopped playing No Win because of this.

The fleet that beat No Win, were not a normal fleet, they are known for being Elite, right up there at the top of the game, and steamrolling pretty much everything that gets in front of them, and they deserve credit for achieving that. They do not sit where the rest of us play at so why should the rest of us get punished because of this???

Think it's time these platforms got a serious looking at, or at least toned down because battery firing Bio Neurals is not no win, it's actually just cheating and exploiting by the Dev that put them in in the first place out of shear pettiness and childishness. Just a tantrum...
Honestly the difficulty did need to be jacked up, it was way too easy before. But he went a bit overboard... or at least he went overboard too early. The jump between 4 & 5 is ridiculous and it needs to be smoothed out. Where 5 is at right now should probably be how hard 7 or 8 is. Then if you need to scale it up drastically from there to make it virtually impossible, go ahead.
Captain
# 16
07-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinead51 View Post
I'd much rather the "No-win" part come in at around level 8 or 9. The difficult jump from 4 to 5 is extremely excessive. There needs to be more of an ease into it.
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-17-2012, 05:25 AM
They should save the bio-neurals for waves 7, 8, 9 and 10. Spawn 1 platform in wave 7, 2 in wave 8, 3 in wave 9 and 4 in wave 10 and give them a slight nerf and increase the fire rate of the platforms.

Speaking of which I noticed the platforms won't blow up when reduced to to 0 hull.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 18
07-17-2012, 05:47 AM
The problem here is the fact we are facing weapons that are suposed to be strong, buffed by NPC setting which are x70%(i dont remember the number off hand) stronger than the players own values. NPC have been set up with low amounts of powers and weapons but have built in damage mods and deffesive buffs to there stats instead of of increasing the weapons and abilities they use. The NPC bio-neural warheads have a substantial amount of shielding hull and damage compaired to what the player is given. Instead of actually fixing the problem of horrible balance of stupidly high dps over low survivability for NPCs is rather game breaking in of its self.

In the TV shows the long drawn out battles are instead shortened to really high action scenes due to budgest reason and even then the high action scenes often contradict the facts of what would of happend like for example in the DS9 episode "Sacrifice of Angels" not one shield effect showed up in the battle. It was a horrible Star Trek battle(im not saying it was terrible but it didnt do star trek justice), it simply was way to Star Wars or similar sci fyi type. Every thing that really made star trek was thrown out the void for explosions. Too much pew pew BOOM not enough shield down to 80% orders captian.

That in itself has been horribly transferred to STO. STO is hit them till there dead where as in Star Trek its out think, out plan, and out maneuver them till they cant fight back(surrendered/disabled/destroyed). Too much pew pew BOOM not enough shield down to 80% orders captian agine. Give all NPC innate abilities to heal them selfs like 2 emergency power to shield. Letting NPCs heal there shield and lower the damage output of weapons should make battle more interesting and actually balance the game PVE/P wise a little. Also more abillities to deal damage and/or debuff will help allow players to obtain training on how to deal with the more advance situations with out the horrendous 1shot insta-death weapons(NPC fired Bio Nural warhead for EX).
what the hell is up with the crappy "f" at the end of my name was never there on either website till the crappy change
Commander
# 19
07-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
Yes that fleet was the Sad Pandas. Quite frankly I think it was childish of Gozer to throw in the Bio-N platforms that fire off these warheads like a missile battery, I have seen 5 or 6 simultaneously deployed from one at any given time. I stopped playing No Win because of this.

The fleet that beat No Win, were not a normal fleet, they are known for being Elite, right up there at the top of the game, and steamrolling pretty much everything that gets in front of them, and they deserve credit for achieving that. They do not sit where the rest of us play at so why should the rest of us get punished because of this???

Think it's time these platforms got a serious looking at, or at least toned down because battery firing Bio Neurals is not no win, it's actually just cheating and exploiting by the Dev that put them in in the first place out of shear pettiness and childishness. Just a tantrum...
Don't forget that eventually, ships will spawn within 10k, sometimes even 5k of the freighter, but if you add tha to the riddiculus torps and the 'wtf?' 'I win!' Isometric charges, it will end instantly if a Negh'var spawns.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Ensign
# 20
07-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I'll state again for the person who didn't read it in my first post:

We accept that it's "no-win" and nearly impossible, that's cool!

We are upset that at level 5, tank cruisers are getting ruined by a point defense system on a torpedo.

I consider myself to be an "above-average" player, full mk12 gear. I regularly solo cubes in ESTFs, I have no problem with most other ships short of a full tac cube. I explode if a bio-neural targets me, hands down, every time. I have all accx2 or better weapons, rapid fire, AP:B3 and tac team 3 up, and I typically cannot destroy more than 1 of these things.

I'd like to see all of the "instant death" mechanics removed completely. Bio-neurals are near-instant, and could probably be considered balanced if their point defense was simply removed altogether for this mission. But whatever that white thing is that Neg'vars are suddenly shooting that one shots me is incredibly annoying, and not just on no-win. At least the Borg's
heavy plasma's are target-able, if ridiculously hard to hit.

The other answer might be that there is some unknown way of taking down the warheads: pull a Kirk, if you will. As far as I know, no one has beaten it since they added the warheads on Tribble - I have yet to hear of anyone in STFVeterans or FleetEvent channels getting past level 6.

Have there been any dev postings or blogs about the warheads being added anywhere? I haven't seen any yet.