Captain
# 1 Night of the Comet broken?
07-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Has anybody issues with this mission? I have tried it twice. After destroying the comet you get three shards. You have to destroy those and they give three splinters each. You have to destroy all nine splinters.

One shard disappears after getting destroyed. So you can only destroy 6 splinters and cannot complete the mission.

I am a sad panda. I love this mission and the Klingon disruptor pistol, the reward, is (imo) one of the best pistols.
Captain
# 2
07-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Typing night comet into the search function pulls up this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=313981
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 3
07-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
Has anybody issues with this mission? I have tried it twice. After destroying the comet you get three shards. You have to destroy those and they give three splinters each. You have to destroy all nine splinters.

One shard disappears after getting destroyed. So you can only destroy 6 splinters and cannot complete the mission.

I am a sad panda. I love this mission and the Klingon disruptor pistol, the reward, is (imo) one of the best pistols.
Yeah having the same problem.
Ensign
# 4
07-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post

I have encountered this problem before, seems that you must kill all the shards (the mid size ones) before you kill any splinters (the small size ones that came from the shards). If you kill a splinter while there are still shards around, one of the shard will vanish.