Captain
# 21
07-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
I have alts that exist solely to feed DOffs to my main, and from what I can tell there's two types of bound DOffs.

The first are the weakly bound DOffs, such as the ones in your initial DOff pack. Those can be traded in at the Personnel Officer for a higher tier DOff, which is unbound.

The second are the strongly bound DOffs, such as the ones purchased at LT. Ferra, which cannot be traded in at the Personnel Officer. This seems to be intended to prevent the subversion of the DOff rarity system, as you would be able to get an endless supply of unbound Blues and Purples from dilithium.

I suspect the weakly bound DOffs can be turned in at personnel swap missions like those resulting from the Bajor or Cardassia consulate chain, while the strongly bound DOffs cannot. I suspect the same would apply to starbase project contribution, but it's a little hard to verify as my main is swimming in DOffs while the alts are too far behind to check.
Which category are the "Bound because they served in one of the space/ground slots?" --- I can't trade them in as "underperforming", but it will accept them as base donations.
# 22
07-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban149 View Post
Quite possibly but I still think you should be able to put ANY Doff into a starbase project, including those bought from Lt Ferra.
That would essentially be bypassing the DOff system entirely, and just an alternative way of paying dilithium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
Which category are the "Bound because they served in one of the space/ground slots?" --- I can't trade them in as "underperforming", but it will accept them as base donations.
I'd entirely forgotten about those, my alts (which would be the ones playing with bound/unbound to send them to my main) never equipped any DOffs.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk