Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Captain
# 11
07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
aww i thought the l was an o
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Ensign
# 12
07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I have the same issue, seems like any area described as a "nebula" has these blinding white areas that not only hurt my eyes, but causes my FPS to nosedive into slide show mode. So far I've noticed them in the Azure, ChoS, T'kanis nebulas, as well as Borg encounters.

It needs to be fixed ASAP.
Ensign
# 13
07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Having the same issue here. It's really jarring to go from 50-60 FPS to 6...
Career Officer
# 14
07-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Having ZERO fps issues. They look interesting, but hardly fit to appear everywhere.

Turn down your bloom, it may help your eyes.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 15
07-19-2012, 12:53 AM
I've noticed these in the Mirror event. They instantly drag your frame rate down whenever they are on screen, yet as soon are you turn away, everything goes back to normal.

Really annoying -___-

I may not have the most high end computer out there, but i can at least play this game. I would like to keep it that way.
Ensign
# 16
07-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Still an issue after the last patch.

I found that a lot of the glare and FPS hit goes away, if you go to your options->video->postprocessing, and turning that off. Bloom settings don't seem to make a difference, so I left mine alone.
Commander
# 17
07-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Having ZERO fps issues. They look interesting, but hardly fit to appear everywhere.

Turn down your bloom, it may help your eyes.
Just tested "Empire Defense: Romulans" with bloom, light and shadows turned completely off and the white blobs still sent my FPS to hell. Makes it impossible to play the mission efficiently.

My hardware specs are not the problem, as I've had no FPS issues in the past with any of the MMOs I play, up until these white blobs started showing up. I wouldn't say everywhere, but I have seen them in a couple maps.

EDIT - Links to my screen captures (ongoing):

Azure Nebula (July 15)
B'Tran Cluster (July 16)
Azure Nebula (July 19)
Chos Nebula (July 20) <-- Game client froze and crashed after taking this one.
T'Kanis Nebula (July 24) <-- Taken at quite some distance from the spawn point (which is the worst).

UPDATE [07/22, 2:36pm EDT]:

White blobs now showing in all instances of the "Empire Defense" KDF missions: Romulan, Cardassian, Borg and Federation.

CRYPTIC: please fix this ASAP. Thank you.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek

Last edited by maltinpolar; 07-25-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Ensign
# 18
07-22-2012, 03:12 AM
THis needs to get fixed, the FPS loss on my comp makes looking at these blobs certain defeat!
Please remove them ASAP!
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
07-22-2012, 06:08 AM
I actually think it has something to do with asteroids... I only ever see these giant blobs in maps that have asteroids o.o maybe it happens with other space objects... But I've seen them in multiple deep space encounter maps.

Suffice it to say, HUGE frame rate drops from them.

Edit: Wasn't there a recent patch note regarding a change in Bloom Intensity? I wonder if this change had a negative effect on space object generation. Hmm~

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 07-22-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-22-2012, 02:56 PM
My framerate doesn't take a hit, but they do make the satellite damned hard to find and serve no purpose but to be an eyesore.
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.