Rihannsu
# 41
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
I have been finding that I've been getting a lot of lag between completing a mission and the game realizing that I've done so.

For example, I can collect the reward for "Strange New Worlds" but the "complete mission" option is still in the dialog window. I usually click it and it clears out, but in this situation doing so would send you to Bajor.

I don't think it's exactly that since I've not done the mission since s6 went live, but I thought I'd offer it as an option. The game may not realize that you're finished even though it says you are.
Lag might be what causes it. A sync issue could be creating an invalid mission status, which the game resolves by resetting the mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
i recently did second wave on my new Ferasan K'Law (a science officer). True to the form of this thread, at the end of the mission (despite completing all objectives and optionals) I was rudely deposited at DS9 rather than in orbit of Bajor. I tried a few things, logging off and on, warping to bajor and then back to ds9.

My only option was to rerun the mission (I didn't drop it before beginning again). Did everything the same, except deliberately crapped out on the optionals for the sake of time (and since I already had the accolades from the first run) and after the battles outside DS9, I clicked on the ops message then closed it without proceeding, let the red alert run out. then clicked on the ops message again. At this point my mission window was saying Warp To Bajor (report to commander meso thingy) not DS9 so i clicked go and was able to complete the mission. Also then did the borefest that is Of Bajor as quickly as i could.

Not sure where the bug is, but this seemed to work for me.
I tried your suggestion but the result was still the same, I also ran it with my Level 50 Engineer. After defeating the last Jem'Hadar ship the mission screen shows 'Contact DS9' the cut scene plays and you return the the last Map, a 'Contact DS9 Button Flashes up and disappears and the Warp to Bayor Ops Box comes up. On the Right hand side of the Hud there are now two Mission Boxes, One is the Begin Second Wave and the other is Flee Circus - there is no way to turn in the mission and this sucks! We are wasting valuable playing time trying to get round a software bug which, based on what other people are saying, should have been fixed months ago!!! Come on guys get this sorted - I will not play it again until after the next server maintenance. (The system ran a file verify today after a crash so I know that according to the server my files are OK) I might try it on Tribble to see if it is the same there but that does not help matters really.
Ensign
# 43
07-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Its useless, i skipped it to do "Of Bajor" only to have the same thing happen again...
I knew that playing as a second grade player had its problems but not being able to finish a episode is kinda to much !
Ensign
# 44
07-18-2012, 02:52 PM
I have the same problem with my federation character, but not with my klingon toon.

The problem I've noticed is that all the way through the beginning, until right before taking the turbolift to the conference room, the mission status says: Second Wave: "disarming diplomats" and the flee circus mentions the same: "disarming diplomats".

If you then take the turbolift, the mission status should mention "conference conflicts" but it doesn't. The mission status still mentions "disarming diplomats" but it should mention "conference conflicts" as in the flee circus. As long as this doens't change, you cannot continue the mission. So don't convince the diplomats, don't fight your way through to the dock and don't battle outside. It won't change a thing. You keep wasting your time.

Once you see that the mission status doesn't change into "conference conflicts", restart or give up.

Why my klingon toon did the job from the first try, I can't tell.

It's sad to see that Second Wave and Cryptic don't even try to solve it, nor do they answer my hails.

This is a link to the walkthrough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v42PutGpUmQ
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
07-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhuslawyer View Post
Its useless, i skipped it to do "Of Bajor" only to have the same thing happen again...
I knew that playing as a second grade player had its problems but not being able to finish a episode is kinda to much !
2nd class player? If by that you mean a silver player, the problem isn't restricted to just silver customers. Way to feel like a victim, thou.
Ensign
# 46
07-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
2nd class player? If by that you mean a silver player, the problem isn't restricted to just silver customers. Way to feel like a victim, thou.
I meant KDF.... but to the point, it doesn't work !!! Ive tried all the ways around it, even sacrificed to chickens in the name of the Internet Gods..... still nothing
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
07-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhuslawyer View Post
I meant KDF.... but to the point, it doesn't work !!! Ive tried all the ways around it, even sacrificed to chickens in the name of the Internet Gods..... still nothing
Hmm, try goats, maybe?
Ensign
# 48
07-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm so glad I checked here, I thought I was losing my mind. I really wish they'd fix this, but considering it's been around long than I have (in game that is) I don't suppose it'll ever get fixed.

It just makes me wish I had waited to buy zen until after I had attempted this mission.
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
07-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyjay View Post
I'm so glad I checked here, I thought I was losing my mind. I really wish they'd fix this, but considering it's been around long than I have (in game that is) I don't suppose it'll ever get fixed.

It just makes me wish I had waited to buy zen until after I had attempted this mission.
I've been losing my mind on this too. I just want my jem'hadar rifle. I have the ship set, I even have 2 jem'hadar polaron beams and 2 jem'hadar polaron cannons. For the ground set, I am missing the rifle. That is all I want. If there was anyway to acquire the rifle without playing this level, I would be absolutely fine with that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
07-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfresh11 View Post
I've been losing my mind on this too. I just want my jem'hadar rifle. I have the ship set, I even have 2 jem'hadar polaron beams and 2 jem'hadar polaron cannons. For the ground set, I am missing the rifle. That is all I want. If there was anyway to acquire the rifle without playing this level, I would be absolutely fine with that.
Looking at the 'Bug' thread - they say the work around is to do it as a team! I suggest we form a team and give it a go!