Starfleet Veteran
# 11
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Just use [Insert growl with spittle] in anything as you're ok :tongue:
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Ensign
# 12
07-05-2012, 11:10 AM
hello!

i tried to contact u personally, but somehow didn?t work. maybe me just too dumb^^ BUT why i am actually replying to ur post is: i?d need a translation of an saying to klingon language, especially to the right, hm.. syntax of klingon in klingon letters, maybe humble english but i think u?d catch my point. So plz if u have a look here contact me,thx!!
Ensign
# 13
07-14-2012, 01:14 AM
I will gladly assist with any Klingon language needs. Simply send me a message.
tugh DIvI'raj ram charghchu' wo'maj HoS 'e' vIlay'. bIQ borur Hoch. tera' wIDoqmoHmeH Human 'Iw wIlo' 'ej vulqan wISuDmoHmeH vulqangan 'Iw wIlo'. 'anDorDaq HIqmaj wIpol. 'etlhmeymaj bochmoH taHwI'pu''e'. nuch puj tlhIH. Hegh neH 'e' boqotlh.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-14-2012, 06:03 AM
I used the phrase "Bagh Da tuH mogh" in my first KDF mission. And I used "Qapla'" in it. The internet seems to have spelling issues with Klingon, but the same could be said about Japanese or any phonetically translated language.

I just wanted to warn authors not to get "carried away" remember not all KDF Captains will be a Klingon some are Orion, Alien, Nausicaan, etc.. The player in mines states;

In the language of the Empire, Bagh Da tuH mogh...

If an NPC is speaking Klingon, they of course should be Klingon. I can understand wanting to use native phrases, but I would not want to play any mission entirely written in Klingon.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Captain
# 15
07-14-2012, 07:36 AM
I found some useful Klingon phrases on Memory Alpha: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klin...#Basic_phrases
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 16
07-18-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandukutupu View Post
I used the phrase "Bagh Da tuH mogh" in my first KDF mission. And I used "Qapla'" in it. The internet seems to have spelling issues with Klingon, but the same could be said about Japanese or any phonetically translated language.

I just wanted to warn authors not to get "carried away" remember not all KDF Captains will be a Klingon some are Orion, Alien, Nausicaan, etc.. The player in mines states;

In the language of the Empire, Bagh Da tuH mogh...

If an NPC is speaking Klingon, they of course should be Klingon. I can understand wanting to use native phrases, but I would not want to play any mission entirely written in Klingon.

It's the Klingon Empire, not the Beta Quadrant Legion of Doom. Even if you are an Orion or a Gorn, you are still in the Klingon military. If one were to progress far in the Klingon military, one would probably be decently versed in the Klingon language. I mean, using the universal translator is one thing, but it doesn't translate written symbols. It would be impractical to have all the controls in all the languages, and we all know how the Klingons feel about things, and they would insist on their language to be the lingua franca of their faction/empire/section of space.

Also, bagh Da tuH mogh is gibberish. It means "The frustrated military maneuver acts in the manner of she ties him," or something (the grammar is very bad) bagh is a verb that means "tie," Da is a verb that means "behave as," tuH is either a verb that means "be ashamed," or a noun that means "maneuver," and mogh is a verb that means "be frustrated" (and it is also, of course, Worf's father's name). It's a line from "the Klingon Victory Song" when Worf finds the Klingon/Romulan colony, right? That entire song is random words thrown together. I was told that it was said to mean "Fire streaks the heavens," or something like that (that would actually be something like nom chalDaq leng qul).

You may not care (I had a guy get emotionally upset once over that one phrase when I pointed out it didn't mean anything resembling coherence), and that's cool; but I figured I'd point it out anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I found some useful Klingon phrases on Memory Alpha: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klin...#Basic_phrases
Yeah, I like how it also includes literal translations of what the writers of the show thought was well formed Klingon. Hilarious.
tugh DIvI'raj ram charghchu' wo'maj HoS 'e' vIlay'. bIQ borur Hoch. tera' wIDoqmoHmeH Human 'Iw wIlo' 'ej vulqan wISuDmoHmeH vulqangan 'Iw wIlo'. 'anDorDaq HIqmaj wIpol. 'etlhmeymaj bochmoH taHwI'pu''e'. nuch puj tlhIH. Hegh neH 'e' boqotlh.

Last edited by elpayasomalo; 07-18-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Ensign
# 17
06-25-2014, 06:45 PM
I use this iPhone app called Klingon Translate, it's been very helpful. The word translations are free too
Ensign
# 18
06-26-2014, 11:44 AM
It is a handy app for a single word, but to do a sentence requires an in app purchase. If you have the patience, its great.
Community Moderator
# 19
06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one!

/Closed

~Askray
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Closed Thread