Ensign
# 1 New and lost?
07-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Thought that starting to play Star Trek: Online would be a great idea. However, I can't log in. Website login works (I'm posting this...), but in the game launcher it says invalid username or password. Filed a ticket but don't have the nerves to wait. Searched around a little and found some workarounds for similar problems, but non worked.

Am I missing something I need to do to "activate" my account for gameplay or such?
Ensign
# 2
07-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Ok, fiddled around with some firewall settings and now it says I've tried to many times. According to earlier posts this can take several days, so I'll just stop bother for today. Is it always like this?
Captain
# 3
07-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Five bucks says you;re either trying to log in with your display name instead of your actual username or you;ve selected Cryptic instead of Perfect World (or PeeWee if you're a forum regular) is the cause of the problem you;re having.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 4
07-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Five bucks says you;re either trying to log in with your display name instead of your actual username or you;ve selected Cryptic instead of Perfect World (or PeeWee if you're a forum regular) is the cause of the problem you;re having.
None of it, you owe me five.

Adding to the list:
The support area only gives ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS if trying to log in.
Subscriptions login also gives invalid user/pass.

Tried creating another account, same, same.

Last edited by ellen242; 07-18-2012 at 05:38 AM.