Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
07-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrayven View Post
Wow. So after I blow X amount of dollars in the Z-Store plus spend X number of months on grind, my ability to have a fleet ship is still determined by the whims of the fleet leader who might have quit the game already or is hogging all the ships for himself?

What an absolutely atrocious game mechanic that is.
There are four new settings in the fleet menu controlling aspects of the fleet starbase that have to be set for each fleet rank. The two main ones that effect fleeties are the ability to contribute to fleet projects and the ability to purchase items from fleet vendors.

So yes, you still have to have fleet permission to buy anything from the fleet vendors on your fleets starbase.
Captain
# 12
07-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krell83sto View Post
Reading: It' solves problems.
Can't read it if you;re writing in a color that blends into the background.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 13
07-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Wow. So after I blow X amount of dollars in the Z-Store plus spend X number of months on grind, my ability to have a fleet ship is still determined by the whims of the fleet leader who might have quit the game already or is hogging all the ships for himself?

It's not like you were left with no options. Talk to your fleet leader and ask for permission, use the 30 day coup option if he is gone, contribute to your fleet's efforts and goals, find a new fleet, or even create your own.

Those ships represent a lot of hard work by a lot of people. Is it not fair to give the first rewards the ones who put the most effort in?
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
07-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:

Not really. People who put the most resources in to maxing the fleet base should be the first to benefit from the work. Should some jackhole who contributes 3 doffs and 250 dilithium in a month have the same ability to grab a limited reward as a player who dumped 30 DOFFs and 100,000 dil into base projects?

I don't think so.

And if you think that you are at the whim of your fleet leadership, you should leave and find one that is ran more in line with your expectations of fairness.

You joined a video game fleet, not the mob. You can leave without fear of reprisal.
Lieutenant
# 15
07-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post

You joined a video game fleet, not the mob. You can leave without fear of reprisal.
That isn't always true. my fleet will have you sleeping with the fishes if you leave. they scare me.

on the bright side. at least our fleets are not as crazy as the corps in EVE. those guys are nuts. even going as far as cutting off the power to a rival fleet leader right before a huge battle.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiemish View Post
That isn't always true. my fleet will have you sleeping with the fishes if you leave. they scare me.

on the bright side. at least our fleets are not as crazy as the corps in EVE. those guys are nuts. even going as far as cutting off the power to a rival fleet leader right before a huge battle.
You mean they sent someone to his location and physically cut off his electricity? Man, EVE is taken just a little too seriously by some. I've had friends tell me its more like a second job than a video game.
Commander
# 17
07-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiemish View Post

Wait, WHAT? A game where I can run the electric company and put my foes in the dark on a whim?

Now that sounds like fun.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Delta Rising happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009

1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Career Officer
# 18
07-18-2012, 09:17 AM
i think he means cut off his power in real life.. you know the big bad mmo we all play every day. the one where there is no respawn option!

People in Eve have become million if not billionaires in real life by selling in game items.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Commander
# 19
07-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
i think he means cut off his power in real life.. you know the big bad mmo we all play every day. the one where there is no respawn option!
Whoa, that's hardcore.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Delta Rising happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009

1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Captain
# 20
07-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Isn't having access to buy moot until the base is built up enough to actually have the ships available?

Buying the fleet ship tokens right now is a bit premature.

Last edited by beezle23; 07-18-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: grammar fail