Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lieutenant
# 17
07-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
You mean they sent someone to his location and physically cut off his electricity? Man, EVE is taken just a little too seriously by some. I've had friends tell me its more like a second job than a video game.
"It was determined that 'The Enslaver' and his Avatar-class Titan had to go. I was approached by one of the leaders of Red Alliance to help make this happen, but almost immediately we were down the rabbit hole. Much to my surprise, the RA director didn't want in-game information from me; he wanted us to use the forensic resources of our intelligence agency to trace down The Enslaver's home address. At a coordinated time, armed with this information, a RA member would apparently cut the power to The Enslaver's house in the real world, and in EVE a RA capital fleet would assault the abruptly pilotless Titan. Yikes."

( Source )

there are other stories too. Bank scams, year long planned assassinations, and other crazy things. It is interesting to watch and take part in, but it also greats a community of paranoia. I like my corp mates in EVE, but at the same time there is always this fear in the back of my mind that they may not be who they say they are. that at anytime they could betray us, and one of them has. he robbed us and ambushed a mining fleet before we could get any ships to defend them there in time. It is fun in my opinion, but different.

And yes it can be like a job. I know it feels that way at times when I forced myself to do mining, but on the other hand it also had some of the most heart pounding fun game experiences in that game. There is something about going into battle and knowing that unlike other games. if you lose. you lose everything. your ship, your gear, and even your life. ( well XP )