Banned
# 291
07-01-2012, 09:05 PM
If I had to give an honest, unjoking guess... I'd say the Jupiter will be a Tier 6 upgrade of the T5 Gal-X dreadnought with carrier capability.

That would be my assumption, based on ship design and the way the game is currently trending.
Rihannsu
# 292
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
If I had to give an honest, unjoking guess... I'd say the Jupiter will be a Tier 6 upgrade of the T5 Gal-X dreadnought with carrier capability.

That would be my assumption, based on ship design and the way the game is currently trending.
I would not mind this, as long as they don't trade survivability and combat power for "pet" use.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Career Officer
# 293
07-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post

They have, however, said that they are not planning a release of t6 ships in the near future. If at all.

What they are doing, and what they want to do in order to push the boundaries of the Tier system is the new "fleet" and "advanced fleet" ship system. These ships are going to be tougher and all around better versions of most of the ships released and can only be acquired through working on fleet bases and projects, and then only if your fleet decided to develop advanced shipyards.

It's a cool idea and I look forward to it, but it's not very future minded. The only way to get fleet points is to work on building stuff, so what happens when the base is done? What
happens when you make a new character and join a fleet who's base is nearly complete?

But I digress, it seems that there will not be a new step in the tier system, so if at all the Jupiter would be t5.

There is now confirmation of the possibility of side weapons in the game. Captain Gecko says that he wants to include them on the Andorian Battle Cruiser! So if all goes well and fortune is on our side, the Jupiter could have some side weapons as well.

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Rihannsu
# 294
07-07-2012, 06:18 AM
I guess my Thread sub disappeared too lol.

My guess currently for the Jupiter and really any other T6 style ship would be season 7 at the earliest, but most likely Season 8 for a release with the rank cap increase.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Ensign
# 295 this ship is ugly
07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
It's like four demented pencils for warp nacelles with a big hot dog in the middle for a hull why does anyone want to fly this burrito of a ship.
Captain
# 296
07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Bloody Hell, if you don't like it don't fly it, I hate the Titan, Vesper, Nebula, and Obreth Classes, so I just don't fly them.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Banned
# 297
07-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I personally couldn't care less if my ship were a bird getting ass-r4p3d by a rhino. If it worked the way I wanted it to, I'd use it.
Lieutenant
# 298
07-13-2012, 10:50 AM
revive. this was on page 5
HATE THE NEW FOURMS

join date december 2011
Career Officer
# 299
07-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Well I'm happy to say that Cryptic is in fact still using the Jupiter Class Dreadnought. In KDF fleet defenses there are BIG TOUGH Jupiters !

It was nice to see and fight one with my fleetmates. It's just nice to see one again period.

Perhaps there is still hope for the Jupiter yet!

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Career Officer
# 300
07-18-2012, 12:39 PM
As an addendum to my above post, these Jupites in the KDF fleet defenses are in fact tougher than the older Jupiters! Meaning it's even more fun to fight them or be blown outta the sky by them

Here's to hope!
-Quiiliitiila