Ensign
# 11
07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
I have exactly the same issue, PWE surely needs to be there for their members instead of only accepting their money. I know for a fact that Outspark atleast types in their forums as much as they can, now I know alot of people are playing this game, but then take some volunteer mods or something. I can't play STO, but I do can play Blacklight Retribution without the error. Please kind souls have a look into this also answer my thread about not being able to logging and got the same that it says now too many attempts.
Ensign
# 12
07-17-2012, 09:15 PM
This has been a NIGHTMARE.

I started playing Star Trek Online a while ago, after a hiatus. The game kept asking me to change to a Perfect World account, but I kept putting it off.

I kept logging in using my cryptic information, and I was having a LOT of fun relearning the game and getting back into things.

THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED.

I thought it'd be fun to buy a few new ships, outfits, etc. So I created a Perfect World account, and linked it with my cryptic one. Then I couldn't log in. So I thought, maybe I should change my password. So I reset my password, and verified that I was using the right user name. Then, alas, too many attempts. Really?

I just want to play the game. Perhaps more importantly to PerfectWorld... I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY. I can't do that unless you let me login.

3-5 days for a customer service response? Really? That's a long time. Please help!
Ensign
# 13
07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
one other thing... how long do these timeouts last? Is it really DAYS before I can login again? "Please try again later" makes me think 15 minutes or so. Not a week.
Ensign
# 14
07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
This has been happening to me ever since linking Cryptic account to PW account. Immediate result of that is cannot login to game and am now getting this "Too many attempts" nonsense.

"Too many attempts" has been displaying now for hours.

Like someone said, since they don't state the duration of the lockout, you'd think this would last for 5 to 10 minutes or some typical lockout period measured in minutes; not hours, days or weeks.

I called a phone number for PW. After listening to the prompts, I pressed "0" to reach the operator (as prompted) and was immediately dumped in to voice mail. Four similar attempts like this over the course of 7 hours and got the same thing.

Perfect World is being very dodgy and misleading.
Ensign
# 15
07-18-2012, 02:54 PM
yep, this is continuing for me. It doesn't help that we all have 3 different user ids now.

Does anyone know exactly WHICH perfect World id I should be using? I've been using Jorusaton1 (like in my name here.) Should I use a different one...?

I'm SO confused, and I feel like everyone's just being ignored on this.
Ensign
# 16
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
The name that you see here on the forum isn't the LOGIN ID, but the ID you're familiar with on the forums and the website. To login to the game you need to use the Username you put in to login to the website.
Ensign
# 17
07-18-2012, 04:24 PM
They make it ridiculously confusing.

Somewhere in the FAQ for troubleshooting login problems, they state to be sure we are using our account username and not our forum name/ID when logging in to the game.

BUT, when you login to the web site to manage your own account, the top of the screen displays your forum name. No place on the screen or in account management could I actually see my own username, only forum name.

You can recover your username here https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid.

They claim to have over 180 people working for them. Here's hoping PW gets some of them working on this soon. Feels like no one is home.
Ensign
# 18
07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Yea. It's kind of ridiculous that if my account gets locked, I have to wait days and days just to get it unlocked.

Good to know that it's NOT the one in the upper right of the forum.

and yea, they DO make it confusing. Still locked out. Any clue how long this takes? I haven't been able to play the game for 3 days now....
Ensign
# 19
07-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnald View Post
This has been happening to me ever since linking Cryptic account to PW account. Immediate result of that is cannot login to game and am now getting this "Too many attempts" nonsense.

"Too many attempts" has been displaying now for hours.

Like someone said, since they don't state the duration of the lockout, you'd think this would last for 5 to 10 minutes or some typical lockout period measured in minutes; not hours, days or weeks.

I called a phone number for PW. After listening to the prompts, I pressed "0" to reach the operator (as prompted) and was immediately dumped in to voice mail. Four similar attempts like this over the course of 7 hours and got the same thing.

Perfect World is being very dodgy and misleading.
^^ Same exact problem here. I went on hiatus from STO for about 3-6 months; during which time the rights went to PWE I guess. I played STO for about a week just using my Cryptic info and putting off linking accounts. Now, I have a "standard" and "college" email that I use. I wanted to link my Cryptic account (which uses my "standard" email) to my PWE account also registered with the "standard" email. Having not played a PWE product in forever, I requested a password retrieval, and received nothing. When doing password retrieval on Cryptic, the email came right away. After waiting 12-16 hours for a password reset email from PWE, I submitted a ticket, and within a couple minutes the confirmation email of the ticket was sent to my "standard" email right away. This was four days ago, so today, since they have that "SNAZZY" reward for linking accounts, I decided to link my Cryptic account (still using "standard" email address) to my registered PWE account which uses my "college" email address; it worked, or at least said successful. Then upon attempting to login, when I try to enter my Cryptic login info, it says to use my PWE account, when I try to use my PWE account it says invalid username or password, or did for the first few times; now I'm stuck at the "please try again later" BS nonsense.

To top it off, my fiance is able to log right into her STO without any problems... of course, she JUST started playing STO, and her account was originally created via PWE to begin with. :/
Ensign
# 20
07-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Reposting from another thread.... but.... Problem resolved.

You get a nice "we're really sorry" bundle for linking your cryptic account to your perfect world one, I thought that was a nice touch.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Everybody else able to get online now?