Ensign
alright so two things first of all i used my account name and password in the launcher and it keeps telling me their incorrect but i reset my password to make sure this was untrue and i had my user name sent to me to make sure it was correct too but every time i input them its the same error

Now i dont know if i need a confirmation message to be sent to me but its been well over 6 hours and i havent received any email other than my username and password and the support isnt really helpful as they dont clearly answer my questions so im asking the community for help. PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
07-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Make sure that the radio button is set to "Perfect World"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 3
07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Make sure that the radio button is set to "Perfect World"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yes i have it on perfect world by default i even tried cryptic it dosent work i dont know why.
Ensign
# 4
07-18-2012, 08:41 PM
i had the exact same problem, what i did was reset my password but it still told me i was using the wrong password so i waited a day or two and then it worked,
i think their system is a bit slow so you hafto wait a few hours or even a full day for it work
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpocalypse View Post
Yes i have it on perfect world by default i even tried cryptic it dosent work i dont know why.
If you are using the same username and password to post in the forums, everything should be working with no issues. If this by chance is a separate account and you use a different one to log into the game, if your password is longer than 14 characters, try only entering the first 14. Currently, we only support 14 characters or less.

If that still does not work, try clearing your IE cache (launcher uses IE no matter what browser you have set to default). If that still does not work, you'll want to reach out to customer service. Details here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=267893

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 6
07-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddelli12 View Post
i had the exact same problem, what i did was reset my password but it still told me i was using the wrong password so i waited a day or two and then it worked,
i think their system is a bit slow so you hafto wait a few hours or even a full day for it work
Thanks for telling me this i was dying because i was trying to find out what was wrong
Ensign
# 7
07-18-2012, 09:34 PM
I've been having the same issue. It keeps saying "too many attempts, try agian later."

and it's been saying that for 2 days now

I've tried deleting the IE cache... any other tips? Password IS under 14 characters.
Ensign
# 8
07-18-2012, 09:55 PM
and just to be clear, the user name is NOT the one used for the forums, but the account name, right? I requested my account name from the system and it sent me one - I've been using that and my password.

I really would like to play the game... been days now, starting to worry I won't ever play the game again.
Ensign
# 9
07-18-2012, 10:55 PM
I also tried bypassing the launcher altogether, and just running GameClient.exe

it times out everytime.
Ensign
# 10
07-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Ok, so I tried running my account using a VPN service, and it lets me login just fine (using a different IP...)

So the problem is apparently with my IP, on the game side maybe? What gives?
Closed Thread