Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 41
07-18-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure "humorous" is the right word. But it did get the point across that the Nazis were beatable enemies that needed to be beaten.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 42
07-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It's also a derogatory term for homosexuals who target elder men...
Actually, that's ... Twink
Career Officer
# 43
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonezed View Post
Actually, that's ... Twink
Nope, that's a young-looking slender homosexual man with no facial hair.
Career Officer
# 44
07-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlili View Post
Have you ever heard of 'Colonel Klink'?

It's a Nazi character from an American show, who was always terrified of being sent to the Eastern Front in WW2.

I realize that some not-so-smart people will continue using it out of spite, even after reading this. I'm not going to try convincing anyone personally but at least those people will have to go to sleep every night knowing this.
The only "not-so-smart" people are the ones that think an imaginary character from an 20+ year old tv show is a horrible term.

Grow up!
Ensign
# 45
07-18-2012, 01:39 PM
I just don't like the term, not only because of its association with the character Klink. It's an "endearing" racial slur for the Klingon people, I guess, but it annoys the targh out of me everytime I hear it. I don't really say anything or make a big deal out of it because it seems I'm the only one bugged by it. It just sounds stupid to me. But like I said, I don't throw a fit over it, I just don't use it myself and hope it catches on (it so obviously won't; the term is here to stay forever).
tugh DIvI'raj ram charghchu' wo'maj HoS 'e' vIlay'. bIQ borur Hoch. tera' wIDoqmoHmeH Human 'Iw wIlo' 'ej vulqan wISuDmoHmeH vulqangan 'Iw wIlo'. 'anDorDaq HIqmaj wIpol. 'etlhmeymaj bochmoH taHwI'pu''e'. nuch puj tlhIH. Hegh neH 'e' boqotlh.
Rihannsu
# 46
07-18-2012, 02:18 PM
TOSs the Klinks in the klink because they were klink'in the old guys kling-ons.

There, did I cover most every usage?
Career Officer
# 47
07-18-2012, 02:26 PM
lol i call them klinks because they klink from all the metal armor they wear
Ensign
# 48
07-18-2012, 04:09 PM
They always seemed to be wearing some sort of tactical rubber, to me. It resembled a metallic rubber, so they squeeked more than they klinked.
tugh DIvI'raj ram charghchu' wo'maj HoS 'e' vIlay'. bIQ borur Hoch. tera' wIDoqmoHmeH Human 'Iw wIlo' 'ej vulqan wISuDmoHmeH vulqangan 'Iw wIlo'. 'anDorDaq HIqmaj wIpol. 'etlhmeymaj bochmoH taHwI'pu''e'. nuch puj tlhIH. Hegh neH 'e' boqotlh.
Empire Veteran
# 49
07-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Waz up, my klinks??
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Lieutenant
# 50
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Before reading this thread... I thought the term "klinks" was just stupid. Now, I am convinced that thar be far more stupider things out thar.

Henceforth, I shall refer to the faction previously known as "KDF" as "klinks."

...now I'm off to do some marauding with my klink. Auf wiedersehen!