Career Officer
# 1 Lobi Vendor Update
07-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Why remove its current stock for an updated list?

The old stock could still be used to make money.....

Instead of just removing its stock..... give it a 20% mark down to encourage sales

A Ferengi would never just airlock potential profit...

[I must also ask that Lobi be made account wide please]
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 2
07-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't understand their motive behind this either. Why not allow players to continue to purchase the existing items as well as they earn more Lobi Crystals? I'm hoping we're just misreading it.

If not, it's likes a punishment for those of us that couldn't afford to open enough Ferengi lock boxes over the last couple of months.
Captain
# 3
07-18-2012, 07:16 PM
The costume pieces should be in the z-store and the silly bits should be at a vendor sitting next to the latinum stuff.
# 4
07-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Leaving items for sale will encourage a steady stream of people picking stuff up for alts. I personally love the missiles on my cruiser builds that don't have the turnrate or tactical powers. The Console 62 is great for anyone really.... the Maco Boff... the Ferengi Shuttle.. the Energy Whip...

So many good items that will fall to the wayside...

Just give it a 20% markdown.... it will encourage people to continue to purchase older items... Maybe they didn't want a Console 62 for 200 Lobi.. they may pick it up for 160 instead...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 5
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I agree - how hard would it be to make a "tab" for older Ferrengi items? As long as there are ferrengi lockboxes in the wild, there should be an option or method to kit them out and to purchase items for them as you desire....
Captain
# 6
07-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Doing it this way encourages people to buy NOW NOW NOW. No scrimping and saving, a lobi here and a lobi there, enough time to think and decide that maybe it would be a poor use of your money. If you even kinda sorta maybe want something in the store, you have have to do it NOW, and give them $200, before its gone. Its the same way as gambling or sales work, get people to short circuit their own good judgement by applying pressure. If people always used good judgement, lockboxes would never sell.

Or, for a less nefarious motive, now that all lockboxes have a minimum of 4 crystals in them instead of just 1, the existing costs are far too cheap and needed to be either multiplied or purged.
Career Officer
# 7
07-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Seeing that we had nearly no notice of the "purge" of older items.. I don't think their business model was buy now.....

People may have done so.. if we had known last week the items were getting removed in the next patch. Be that as it may... I only want two of the ships.. shouldn't take long to get... I could of used a few of the other older items for those new ships... money to be spent elsewhere..
Lieutenant
# 8
07-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Seeing that we had nearly no notice of the "purge" of older items.. I don't think their business model was buy now.....
From the day the Lobi store was put in, they specified this would happen.

From very first FAQ about it explained how it would be refreshed and items taken down/put up in their place. It was also pretty obvious this was all tied thematically to the lock box of the moment, so it wasn't really surprising that it was about to happen (since lock boxes change almost like clockwork).

I believe their reasoning is to keep these items somewhat rare - this time, they kind of tanked in many ways, and this way they can keep them in a bit more demand so they can reissue them later in some other form. Basically, instead of going into old C-Store items for rewards, they are making up new ones we will see in rotation.

That said, the way the system works is not my choice - but it does make a certain amount of sense, and they have been very up front with it since the introduction of the Lobi store.
Republic Veteran
# 9
07-19-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't recall any significant amount of notice regarding the current purge of items from Lobi store - I recall the Dev post on the 17th, and then a couple of days later they announce the purge in the Tholian lock box FAQ/release notes.
Now I can't obtain the Lobi store items i was planning on acquiring!?
Were any dates provided months in advance?!
Not very happy about it, almost feels like it was sprung at the last minute.

Zenith Nader - R.R.W. Nader4President - Tactical Rom KDF
Hei Qin - I.K.S. Apex Revenant -Tactical KDF
Career Officer
# 10
07-19-2012, 08:03 AM
If I understand it correctly, I interpret it towards old stuff being air-locked.
Good thing I have already 'gotten-what-I-needed'...
I.e. bling for the female avatar, the whip, etc. etc. etc...

-but I agree, that completely removing these items from the store, makes little sense to me.

There shouldn't be any reason for removing things like clothing items. Yes, yes, there are some of us players that don't mind dolling up with stuff that won't buff resistance and damage etc. etc...

It can't be a bad thing to have a lot of alternative clothing in a galactical 24th century.
I don't mind they take the Ferengi shuttle and show it up somewhere dark, though. that must be the greatest waste of lobies I have ever used. A Ferengi would be proud of Perfect World for pulling that one off.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.