Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 51
07-19-2012, 05:23 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpayasomalo View Post
They always seemed to be wearing some sort of tactical rubber......
Well, Combat Fornication is not to be entered lightly..........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 52
07-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealted View Post
I'm an alien
an illegal alien
I'm a Nazi Man in Goh-tham

Rihannsu
# 53
07-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plb1982 View Post
Before reading this thread... I thought the term "klinks" was just stupid. Now, I am convinced that thar be far more stupider things out thar.

Henceforth, I shall refer to the faction previously known as "KDF" as "klinks."

...now I'm off to do some marauding with my klink. Auf wiedersehen!
Ok, that gave me my face excercise for the day.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 54
07-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlili View Post
Have you ever heard of 'Colonel Klink'?

It's a Nazi character from an American show, who was always terrified of being sent to the Eastern Front in WW2.

I realize that some not-so-smart people will continue using it out of spite, even after reading this. I'm not going to try convincing anyone personally but at least those people will have to go to sleep every night knowing this.

While growing up I use to love Hogan's Hero's dear, i think your are reaching a touch with that comparison. Reaching a good amount actually.

Klink is just slang, that existed long before STO. It is nothing but slang for Klingon.
Ensign
# 55
07-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressssinss View Post
While growing up I use to love Hogan's Hero's dear, i think your are reaching a touch with that comparison. Reaching a good amount actually.

Klink is just slang, that existed long before STO. It is nothing but slang for Klingon.
Exactly, just like any other racial slur, although I guess racial slurs are okay as long as the poeple don't really exist right? I guess that makes racial slurs okay.
tugh DIvI'raj ram charghchu' wo'maj HoS 'e' vIlay'. bIQ borur Hoch. tera' wIDoqmoHmeH Human 'Iw wIlo' 'ej vulqan wISuDmoHmeH vulqangan 'Iw wIlo'. 'anDorDaq HIqmaj wIpol. 'etlhmeymaj bochmoH taHwI'pu''e'. nuch puj tlhIH. Hegh neH 'e' boqotlh.
Captain
# 56
07-22-2012, 09:34 PM
I think my next KDF character will be a Nausicaan named "Hogan" because of this thread.
# 57
07-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
I think my next KDF character will be a Nausicaan named "Hogan" because of this thread.
I was thinking of starting an alt named Colonel Klink and having an all Orion crew.
We could be the Colonel Klink and the kinkettes!!!
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
# 58
07-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpayasomalo View Post
Exactly, just like any other racial slur, although I guess racial slurs are okay as long as the poeple don't really exist right? I guess that makes racial slurs okay.
"Slur" is all in the eye of the beholder.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 59 Klink originated as a surname
07-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Recorded in several forms including Clink, Clinck, Clineck, Clinnick, Clynnicke, Klinck, Klink, Klincke, and probably others, this is a medieval English surname. Derived from the pre 7th century Olde English word "clencian", it was occupational, and described a maker or fixer of iron bolts and rivets, particularly in association with ship building and windmills. It is recorded that in the year 1323 during the reign of King Richard 11nd of England (1307 - 1327), one "Richard Spark, clenchar, was paid four and a half pence per day for clinching and riveting great nails". Occupational surnames originally denoted the actual occupation followed by an individual, and only became hereditary when a son or perhaps a grandson, followed the father into the same business or profession. Amongst the early recordings are the christening of Agnes Clinnick on March 25th 1695 at St. German's in Cornwall, whilst at St. Andrew's Holborn, in the city of London, John Havers Clinck was christened on February 20th 1772, and Mary, the daugher of Philip Klinck was christened at St Martins in the Field, westminster, on September 4th 1791. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Martin Clink. This was dated 1327, in the Subsidy Tax rolls of the county of Suffolk, during the reign of King Edward 111rd of England, and known to history as "The Father of the Royal Navy", 1327 - 1377. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.
"There's coffee in that nebula!" -- Janeway (The Cloud)
| 44th Assault Squadron [Kdf] | 44th Fleet [Fed] | Startrek.44thfleet.com |
Captain
# 60
07-28-2012, 01:13 PM
This thread is:

a) highly amusing - we thank you for this. And I thought humor was dead in the 21st Century.

b) showing that Someone has their Sensitivity Setting up waay too high.

c) makes me think hard about using the term 'Klink' at every available opportunity. Even when not appropriate or relevant.

BTW, I am a Klink. A proud Klink. I stand with my Klink brothers and sisters! Always. We wear this Ebil term as a shining, magnificent badge of honour! So stand up! Shout it with me! Loud enough to make the stars themselves tremble in shock and awe!

I am a Klink! I am a Klink! I am a Klink! I am a Klink! I am a Klink! I am a Klink! I am a Klink! I am a Klink!

So say we all!

PS. I like BSG. I play as a Cylon. If you call me a Toaster, I'm gonna be weelee weelee angwy!

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 07-28-2012 at 01:17 PM.