Captain
# 11
07-19-2012, 12:35 PM
The PDS really is the undisputed king for spam clearing (you can make carriers cry with the thing). There are also other extremely useful cheese things you can do with it but I'm not really at liberty to say.
Empire Veteran
# 12
07-19-2012, 09:11 PM
I opened a console pack for a tactical Klingon I have, who flies the Bortas tactical cruiser. Honestly, much like a lot of folks were thinking, it is good all around for the KDF to have it now.

It IS Disruptor damage, just to put it out there.

With four disruptor boosting consoles it easily does 800+ a normal shot, and with all my decent tactical buffs, I nearly pushed it to 1,700 a shot. now that was with full hull strength, so my Go Down Fighting didn't add that much.

Still, on nearly any ship that can be a huge help, especially on a huge, slow turning ship like a Bortas or a carrier. I think that it was a great idea for KDF to get the PDS.

That said, subspace jump is still nice for Feds, I can't wait to grab one for my fed engineer to use on my Excelsior retrofit.
Career Officer
# 13
07-19-2012, 09:21 PM
confirm with mimey it says disruptor damage, but I am pretty sure the energy was reddy/orange of the existing PDS. Would be nice to see this changed to green.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009