Ensign
# 21
07-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I linked my accounts a few days ago... Was able to log in fine last night.

On my first attempted login this morning, I got the same error "too many attempts, please try again later" This was 3 hours ago.

I've tried 2-3 times at varied intervals with no luck.

I've even tried just launching the client instead of using the launcher, but that just sticks at trying to contact account server, then times out.

This is ridiculous. I put in a ticket and get a response that it could take 2-3 days for a response... Probably not including weekends.

Yay.
Lieutenant
# 22
07-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdanzombienerd View Post
I linked my accounts a few days ago... Was able to log in fine last night.

On my first attempted login this morning, I got the same error "too many attempts, please try again later" This was 3 hours ago.

I've tried 2-3 times at varied intervals with no luck.

I've even tried just launching the client instead of using the launcher, but that just sticks at trying to contact account server, then times out.

This is ridiculous. I put in a ticket and get a response that it could take 2-3 days for a response... Probably not including weekends.

Yay.
Ya Unfortunately unless you paid for the Lifetime Subscription Cryptic really couldn't care about your Problem as you'll be likely lowest on the Priority list to help then again thats why i would Never Link an account id just make a new one if it came to that.
Ensign
# 23
07-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorusaton1 View Post
Reposting from another thread.... but.... Problem resolved.

You get a nice "we're really sorry" bundle for linking your cryptic account to your perfect world one, I thought that was a nice touch.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Everybody else able to get online now?
As far as I know, they already had a "gift pack" just for linking (with the plans of everything going smooth), or is there an additional gift pack beyond that one?

To update, I'm able to get in now... well, so far; I'm past the username/password screen and it's currently patching/updating. I'm not sure if they fixed it purposely with today's update, or if it was a fluke that finally got fixed when the servers got restarted... there was one thread I recall reading, where a user had mentioned that they think the login server for STO is slow to update, and any form of a password change, maybe even an account linking could take a day or two to fully process... just be ready for maybe *possible* downtime should you link your account or change your password once it's a PWE account. (Kind of wondering since the Cryptic data is stored, if it's some sort of sync up between the Cryptic info and PWE info... as in I'm guessing people who made just straight PWE accounts without any Cryptic background aren't going to have this issue.)
Lieutenant
# 24 Still?
08-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Well I linked my account today and after having this problem I found this thread.
(and apparently I have time traveled too...)
Welcome, penclrtist.
You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
... but I digress.

After getting this error I tried logging into a different account with the same result. I tried typing in a fictitious login and got the same "Too many attempts..." message instead of some sort of incorrect password/user name error I would have expected. Since the server went down for maintenance I decided to try it again to see what it would do and it still gives the same "Too many attempts..." message. Hopefully this issue will resolve itself after downtime.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
08-22-2012, 07:37 PM
So... did this ever get resolved? I ask cause I am having the same issue.
Ensign
# 26
09-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I am currently having the same issue with Champions Online, PWE have the worst customer service ever.
They are not going to get back to you, that is a guarantee. I have taken out several support tickets during my time gaming with PWE and not once have I had a reply. I usually resolve the issues myself, sure it's not a problem is I resolve it myself but they don't know I've resolved it.

The best way to get them to do anything about it is the following, if you have a subscription where you are paying a monthly membership for any of the games they offer make sure you always ALWAYS! take it out with PayPal. The reason is simple, When they screw you over like this, they really don't care. So long as they get money out of you.
They do care, however. When you are taking your money back from them. PayPal is the only payment service that offers the chance to dispute anything.
PayPal is your support ticket in effect. What you all need to do is hang your membership on the line and tell them, if I can't play. Then I want my money back for the membership I am not getting and I wont pay for anything from you again if I am going to see problems like this that wont be resolved in the future.
I've already done it and I've only had this problem for a day now. No security measure should be that bad.
Ensign
# 27 help
10-08-2012, 07:09 PM
i am ing the problem too many attempts please try again later please help
Ensign
# 28
06-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Seems this problem hasn't completely gone away. I just got it today. I did the flushIP thing to no avail. I submitted a ticket (which we know takes a long time). I'm just going to turn everything off tonight, go to bed, and try again tomorrow.
Ensign
# 29
02-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Hello, I got this same error today (after game crash)
"Too many attempts, please try again later."

I solved it by turning off&on my home DSL router (I got new IP address).
and it looks like everything is working fine right now.

PS: So the problem is that you probably get IP ban on some IDS/Firewall...
It happened to me after the game crashed, so PWE should probably try to fix this

Cheers
Ensign
For 2 days now I can't log into STO I keep getting the following Error " Too many log in attempts: Please try again later"

I tried to sub to STO and I can't get that to work some kind of browser code and it just goes in circles.

At this point I have tried:

1 Modem/router/ network reset I have At&T

2 change PW

3 tried new account with different e-mail

4. complete uninstall/reinstall

5. tried through both Steam and Arc

6. Submitted ticket no reply

At this point I am at a complete loss. Was hoping to sub and enjoy STO this weekend?

looks as if that is a not going to happen

Can anyone help me out please?