Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1 Thermionic Torpedo Launcher
07-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Has anyone ontained any of these yet? How many do you get with your ship, and what do they do? Is their damage comperable to quantums or more like chroniton torpedos? Are they worth using?
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13
# 2
07-21-2012, 07:09 AM
i got one that i got with the web-weaver, and ive been loving it, they stop movement and drain shields quite well i think, used one say probes in kitomer accord stf and using torp spread makes quite an impact
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,963
# 3
07-21-2012, 09:56 AM
These are the base stats

2177.7 damage (207.4 dmg per second)

15% chance to drain 15 weapon and engine power for 12 seconds (can be affected by flow capacitors)

+20% accuracy

so its light on damage, but has good accuracy and can do some impressive power draining.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,667
# 4
07-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
These are the base stats

2177.7 damage (207.4 dmg per second)

15% chance to drain 15 weapon and engine power for 12 seconds (can be affected by flow capacitors)

+20% accuracy

so its light on damage, but has good accuracy and can do some impressive power draining.
What kinda of cooldown do they have if I may ask?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 413
# 5
07-21-2012, 12:29 PM
do they work with boff skills like high yield and torpedo spread?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,427
# 6
07-21-2012, 02:09 PM
These would be fantastic for a drain build (scaling on flow cap... yum) if not for the very low proc chance. Alas.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 815
# 7
07-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
What kinda of cooldown do they have if I may ask?
The DPS number implies a cooldown of about ten seconds.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 694
# 8
07-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonddom View Post
i got one that i got with the web-weaver, and ive been loving it, they stop movement and drain shields quite well i think, used one say probes in kitomer accord stf and using torp spread makes quite an impact
^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
do they work with boff skills like high yield and torpedo spread?
Seems it works for spread.. will look into it myself...

Wonder how well of a torp boat it would make...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13
# 9
07-21-2012, 06:14 PM
spread works well, high yield2 makes heavy torp ie like plasma torp, does some awesome damage
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,729
# 10
07-21-2012, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCW7qxenWt4&feature=plcp

May help, may not. Grid is in there as well as the torpedoes.

Last edited by thissler; 07-21-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 PM.