Captain
# 11
07-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyoffate View Post
I would much rather have one starting just after Nemesis, say about 2383. I wish they could bring Data back though
100% Agree here right after nemesis maybe a year after or two. Show the TNG crew again for the pilot episode then have the new crew take over this way the TNG gets another, better send of then in nemesis plus its on familiar ground which every fan will know and still there is loads they can do and add more aliens in there.
Lieutenant
# 12
07-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Had a nasty thought while slurping coffee and assigning duty officers.
Given the track record with Fringe - reality plus alt plus entirely different universe and it's alt, effectively rebooting the show within the show's own time, then doing away with the 'new reality' alt as a means of picking the 'best' and ditching everything else that was supposed to have mattered - what if they flip-flopped between the prime and alternate Trek realities in any new show?
It'd be very head-bendy and it surely wouldn't last...but it might not stop them. And it'd kill Trek for good (so kind of win-win as far as the networks go; sometimes seems like they've been trying to get rid of it since forever).
Captain
# 13
07-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr37 View Post
Had a nasty thought while slurping coffee and assigning duty officers.
Given the track record with Fringe - reality plus alt plus entirely different universe and it's alt, effectively rebooting the show within the show's own time, then doing away with the 'new reality' alt as a means of picking the 'best' and ditching everything else that was supposed to have mattered - what if they flip-flopped between the prime and alternate Trek realities in any new show?
It'd be very head-bendy and it surely wouldn't last...but it might not stop them. And it'd kill Trek for good (so kind of win-win as far as the networks go; sometimes seems like they've been trying to get rid of it since forever).
Woah... I don't even want to think about that... I'd take a JJverse series over that.. O_e
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 14
07-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Terrible idea.... would I watch it?? No... Seriously an animated show? Based in the alt. timeline.... Count me out.