Ensign
# 11 Account Guard
07-16-2012, 04:47 PM
I am having a similar issue. My email is correct but no authorization code is being emailed to me. I have not been able to play the game now for almost 2 weeks. I have reviewed all the forums and info about account guard. I have submitted a ticket long ago... and I simply get the same info from the forums about account guard thrown back at me in a support email. The problem is not on my end. I have tired to turn account guard off... but cannot do it becuase it also requires and authorzation code which is suppose to be emailed to me. Again, no auhtorzation code emails are getting to me. Yet support is able to email me with no problems. I've checked all my folders etc.... I have even now requested the support staff to turn off account guard for me... but have not received any answer about this possible option yet. I still am unable to log into the game and play.....frustration levels have reached a new high... sadly im looking for a new game to play. Blocked for 2 weeks is just silly.
Ensign
# 12
07-16-2012, 06:21 PM
this update has affectedd me too i have loged in once since the update on rare accident....
i signed up with perfect world registed as @ol.com[/email] typo the a after @ ...
RollBack?...

Last edited by o0oroyo0o; 07-17-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Captain
# 13
07-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Let's hope PWE/Cryptic sorts this out. I have no access to my account, because I do need a security code. However I never received one. When I check my account status on the webpage it is marked as inactive. To change it, I need to login with a security code.
Ensign
# 14
07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
if i spork out the 3-4 bux for a secure code keycode if they exist, maybe i coulda loged in weeks ago?
Ensign
# 15
07-18-2012, 09:46 AM
i have the same problem i wanna change my email because the older is blocked i make a ticket but nothing and now i`m stuck
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I have access to my email address and STILL cant login. This is ridiculous.
Ensign
# 17
07-20-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonlena View Post
I have access to my email address and STILL cant login. This is ridiculous.
Same here. Also I recieved an answer from the support which tells me to add this "noreply@startrek"blabla to my mail-friendlist. Done that and deactivated the spamfilter, but still no mail with a code. Neither one for actually login nor one to change my mail-adress.

Maybe there is an issue because I have a dot in my mailname, like "xy.name@yahoo", thats the last thing I can imagine this account guard have a problem with.
Ensign
# 18
07-21-2012, 05:03 AM
I just figured out what the problem is with my mail. When I login to my mail account, the mail adress above the password ends with ".com", but in my personal account settings it is stated that my mailname ends with a ".de".
Problem is, I can't change this at my account settings in STO since it is an e-mail change and I have to fill in an authorization code... fu yahoo for changing the end of my adress just because I live in germany... >_>

Now trying to reach the support so they can change it themselves.

The funny thing is, the official account name is name@yahoo,com, but with this I am not receiving any mail, with name@yahoo,de it is the same, I don't receive any mail from f.e. my second mail account or from friends or whatever. Yahoo sucks, I'm going to change it to another adress.

Last edited by gouriki; 07-21-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
07-21-2012, 05:17 PM
LOL am I the only person here who sent a ticket and got a response? I told them to ask me questions to prove that this account is mine. I havent answered the questions yet since I only saw their reply today.
Ensign
# 20
07-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baracuta View Post
LOL am I the only person here who sent a ticket and got a response? I told them to ask me questions to prove that this account is mine. I havent answered the questions yet since I only saw their reply today.
Somehow my e-mail address got changed to a non-existent ISP somehow. ie. cocmast.net instead of comcast.net

I can not get the AG verification code e-mail to log in the game and I submitted a support ticked to change my e-mail address.

I was told to give them specific information on the support ticket, which I did and I'm still waiting for them to change my e-mail address.

I was thinking of canceling my "Gold" membership because of this, but I can't even log into the create/manage subscriptions to cancel without the AG verification code.

If I contact my bank to block any future charges, I have to pay a $49.00 fee to put a stop on the charge.

All I want them to do is change the bogus e-mail address to the correct one so I can play!